How to Make Leather Friendship Bracelets
Dear Friendship Bracelets,
We love you, but we feel as if our relationship is getting super stale. =/
Let’s be honest: We were totally ready to move on to the next thing until we stumbled across Studdly. This maker combines leather, embroidery floss and unique gemstones to make one-of-a-kind cuffed bracelets. We love how each piece is handmade and unlike any other in the collection. This is what inspired us to make our own friendship bracelets, which we are referring to as friendship bracelets 5.0. Need a gift for Galentine’s Day? First, take a stab at this fun DIY, but if time is running short, head over to Studdly to check out their Galentine’s Day bundle.
– leather cuff bracelets
– embroidery floss
– bracelet charm
– leather awl
1. Use the leather awl to create holes in the shape of a heart.
2. Thread the needle with embroidery floss and stitch in your heart shape.
3. Knot the floss on the backside of the bracelet.
Use the awl to mark out your heart shape. You may want to draw it first with a pencil — once you make a hole in leather, it’s there forever!
Thread your needle and tie a knot on the end. Stitch through the holes you made to create the heart shape. Once you’ve stitched through the holes, reverse your stitching so the heart appears. Knot the string on the backside of the bracelet.
Fill in your hearts with a striped pattern. Use the holes you’ve already created to go on a side-to-side diagonal.
Three hearts for three best friends. If you’re ambitious, you can stitch in your bae’s initials.
1. Use the awl to create evenly spaced holes on the top and bottom of the bracelet. Ours were about 1/4 inch apart.
2. Stitch vertical lines through the holes. Then, using another color, stitch “X” marks between the vertical lines.
3. Tie the strings in knots on the backside of the bracelet.
*Pro tip: The larger the holes you make with the awl, the easier it will be for you to pull the needle through. Stitch the embroidery floss through the holes to create vertical lines.
Then choose a different colored floss to create X marks in between the lines. Tie off the strings on the backside when you’re finished.
Cross-stitched or a bunch of kisses! XXXXXX!
These Xs give the leather cuff a fun texture and twist on the classic friendship bracelet.
1. Poke two holes at the end of the cuff and loop three strands of embroidery floss through these holes. This will create six strands of floss.
2. Using those six strands, create a fishtail braid. To create a fishtail braid you will hold three strands in each hand, move the outside strand on your right hand to be the new inside strand on your left hand. Next move the outside strand on your left hand to be the new inside strand on your right hand. Continue this pattern to create your braid.
3. Once your braid is long enough for your leather cuff, attach your charm.
4. Poke two more holes on the other side of the bracelet. Thread the needle onto the ends of the braid and pull all six strands through the holes. Tie in a knot on the backside of the bracelet.
5. Use E600 to attach the braid and charm to the leather cuff.
Poke two holes at the top of the bracelet and then weave three strands of embroidery floss through these holes. This will create six strands, which you’ll use for your braid.
Charmed Leather Cuff
Time to fishtail! Fishtail braids are one of the easiest and quickest braids to master. You’ll hold three strands in each hand, then move the outside string on your right hand to be the new inside string on your left hand. Then take the outside string on your left hand and move it to be the new inside string on your right hand. Keep following that pattern and you’ll start to see a braid!
Slide your charm onto your braid.
Poke two more holes at the top of your bracelet and weave the strands of the braid through using the needle. Tie in a knot on the backside of the bracelet.
Use E6000 to attach your charm and braid to your leather bracelet.
Love the mix of leather, metal, embroidery floss, and color!
No need to make the same bracelet for your three gals. These bracelets are different but all tied together through the use of the same material and colors. These bracelets are just like Destiny’s Child; they don’t match, they coordinate.
BRAND NEWgenuine leather arrow bracelet pairs perfectly with our Friendship Bracelet 2.0 cuff.
Need one more gift for your gal? Check out our 3D printed roses.
We love the way these bracelets stack together.
When in doubt, settle it with an arm war. LOL JK! Never do that, just get mimosas!!