6 Ways to Make Shopping for Your BFF’s Wedding Dress Feel Extra Special
Your best friend’s bae finally popped the question. Let the planning begin! You’re psyched about the opportunity to help her find the right wedding dress since you know that a day of shopping can be so much more than a series of stressful appointments at fancy bridal salons. You want the experience to be one of many amazing moments in her time as the bride, and with a little extra planning, it can be a full day of magic — and a great memory for you to share. Keep scrolling for six ideas that will help you uplevel dress shopping for your pal.
1. Invite a special guest. Is the bride close to a sister who lives a few hours away? Does she rarely get the chance to have quality time with her mom? Do you share a mutual friend who you know the bride would love to share the day with, but who doesn’t get a lot of time away from the office? Reach out as soon as you have the bridal appointments booked to see if you might be able to work your magic and bring a special loved one to the occasion as a surprise.
2. Surprise her with a new outfit. Sneak a peek at your bestie’s closet and take note of her up-to-date sizes, then buy her the perfect outfit for dress shopping — preferably something she would never splurge on herself! A new jumpsuit, cool top, or awesome pair of heels will give her an extra boost of confidence when she walks into the bridal salon in search of the dream gown.
3. Treat her to a morning of glam. Hook your bride up with a blowout appointment or session with a makeup artist before the shopping expedition begins. She’ll feel extra-special, and a glam sesh will give her a great preview of what the wedding day will be like.
4. Plan the perfect meal. Don’t wait until the day-of to stumble on the ideal lunch spot for the group or rely on luck to get a table at your favorite place. Now is not the time to play it by ear. Make a reservation somewhere along your shopping route so you won’t have to wait in line or ask the bride to make a decision on the spot about where the group should eat.
5. Put your phone away. Chances are that your bride is a little nervous about the possibility of a photo of her in a dress she’s not loving — or, worse yet, the dress she’ll eventually settle on for the big day — circulating via text or on social media. Eliminate this anxiety by keeping your phone in your pocket. You can always grab it again if she asks you to snap a pic. Stashing your screen will also help ensure that your attention remains 100 percent on the bride herself.
6. Let the good times roll. Who says the fun has to stop just because your pal has said yes to the dress? Last time we checked, the answer is no one. Keep the fun going with a special dinner, a Champagne toast, or a cozy night of watching wedding-themed movies together at home!
What does your dream day of dress shopping look like? Tweet us @BritandCo.
(Photo via Getty)