8 Quick Ways to Instantly Liven Up Dirty Hat Hair
We’ve all been there: Your hair is looking dull and feeling lifeless, and it’s all thank to that beanie you’ve been rocking since you left the house. Whether it’s really cold in your office today or your fingers weren’t crossed enough for you to wake up with model waves, you’re embracing the all-day beanie — and the cute hat hairstyles you can whip up in a flash — just not, you know, that beanie hair smell. It’s the telltale sign that your locks are in desperate need of a major refresh. If a shower isn’t in the cards, try one of these easy ways to give your hair a pick-me-up. From hair fragrances to dry shampoos, we’ve rounded up eight of our favorite products that will fix your hat hair problems, pronto.
1. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($42): This spray is a cult favorite among beauty experts and novices alike, and with all the benefits — like giving tired tresses a bit of body and texture while acting as a dry shampoo — we can certainly see why.
2. Olivine Atelier Love + Salt Beach Hair and Body Mist ($26): While we might be enjoying the winter wonderland that is the holidays, we’re kiiinda starting to miss the cheery days of summer. This two-in-one hair and body mist brings us back to the days of the beach, with energizing notes of coconut and sandalwood.
4. Herbivore Botanicals Sea Mist Texturizing Salt Spray in Coconut ($20): You had us at “coconut.” This spray promises instant texture and beachy waves, taking your hat hair from #wokeuplate to #wokeuplikethis.
5. Sachajuan Protective Hair Perfume ($69): This hair perfume might smell great, but it’s got so much more to offer than that. The formula is true multi-tasker, eliminating frizz while increasing shine and even protecting your locks from harmful UV-rays. Basically, it’s everything you need from a hair product, including a remedy for that dreaded hat hair.
7. Fekkai Le’Air de St. Barths Hair Fragrance Mist ($20): Stuck at home this season? Fake a vacay by using this intoxicating hair mist, inspired by the beaches of St. Barths. With added benefits of hair shine and frizz control, this mist will have your hair looking (and smelling) like you just got back from a tropical paradise.
8. Clean Original Fragrance Hair Shine Mist ($24): If a multi-tasking product is what you’re after, this hair mist will hit the spot. It’ll give your hair a refreshing burst of fragrance, impart plenty of shine and, most importantly, offer UV-protection. Basically, whatever the problem, this one has you covered.
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.