We’ve all been there: Your hair is looking dull and feeling lifeless, and it’s all thank to that beanie you’ve been rocking since you left the house. Whether it’s really cold in your office today or your fingers weren’t crossed enough for you to wake up with model waves, you’re embracing the all-day beanie — and the cute hat hairstyles you can whip up in a flash — just not, you know, that beanie hair smell. It’s the telltale sign that your locks are in desperate need of a major refresh. If a shower isn’t in the cards, try one of these easy ways to give your hair a pick-me-up. From hair fragrances to dry shampoos, we’ve rounded up eight of our favorite products that will fix your hat hair problems, pronto.
1. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($42): This spray is a cult favorite among beauty experts and novices alike, and with all the benefits — like giving tired tresses a bit of body and texture while acting as a dry shampoo — we can certainly see why.
2. Olivine Atelier Love + Salt Beach Hair and Body Mist ($26): While we might be enjoying the winter wonderland that is the holidays, we’re kiiinda starting to miss the cheery days of summer. This two-in-one hair and body mist brings us back to the days of the beach, with energizing notes of coconut and sandalwood.
3. Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Dry Shampoo ($28): The Olsen twins know what they’re doing when it comes to hair and beauty products, so we’re super excited about their signature line of fragranced dry shampoos, which come in spray powder form. They’re available in two earthy scents and absorb oil while adding volume — they’ll perk up your mane in no time.
4. Herbivore Botanicals Sea Mist Texturizing Salt Spray in Coconut ($20): You had us at “coconut.” This spray promises instant texture and beachy waves, taking your hat hair from #wokeuplate to #wokeuplikethis.
5. Sachajuan Protective Hair Perfume ($69): This hair perfume might smell great, but it’s got so much more to offer than that. The formula is true multi-tasker, eliminating frizz while increasing shine and even protecting your locks from harmful UV-rays. Basically, it’s everything you need from a hair product, including a remedy for that dreaded hat hair.
6. Captain Blankenship Mermaid Dry Shampoo ($24): For those days when your hair can’t even, try this volumizing dry shampoo — it’s seriously *so good*. Not only does the formula contain oil-absorbing, life-giving properties, but it also uses floral essential oils for a fragrant boost worthy of any (winter) mermaid princess.
7. Fekkai Le’Air de St. Barths Hair Fragrance Mist ($20): Stuck at home this season? Fake a vacay by using this intoxicating hair mist, inspired by the beaches of St. Barths. With added benefits of hair shine and frizz control, this mist will have your hair looking (and smelling) like you just got back from a tropical paradise.
8. Clean Original Fragrance Hair Shine Mist ($24): If a multi-tasking product is what you’re after, this hair mist will hit the spot. It’ll give your hair a refreshing burst of fragrance, impart plenty of shine and, most importantly, offer UV-protection. Basically, whatever the problem, this one has you covered.
Let us know your favorite hair refreshers by tagging us on Instagram!