The Busy Girl Guide to NYFW: 5 Must-See Instagrams from Day 4
It’s day four of New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2016 and cold af out here in NYC. We’re talking record breaking, subzero windchill, icy ice V-Day air temp vibes. At least the fashions are hot, amirite? (Just nod and say yes.)
1. Need-It-Now Look: Taking a cue from Rihanna’s ANTI album cover, the black crowns that styled today’s Tome NYC show say both “statement” and “familiar” in the same breath. Notice how they sit like sailor’s caps to come off a little jaunty and boyish? Throw on some rhinestone accents and you’re queen for a day. (@jordanliberty)
2. DIY Hair Inspo: Lead stylist Anthony Turner followed designer Prabal Gurung’s lead to create a look suitable for a beautiful woman who just happened to find herself lost in the woods for days or weeks or maybe even years. To achieve the “ethereal and flowy” locks that would match Gurung’s designs, Turner used the volumizing foam by John Masters Organics (launching in March) to create height, then added John Masters Organics Sea Mist Sea Salt Spray with Lavender for texture. With that combination of products added directly to the hair, he sectioned off pieces for some artful mussing. Et voila: wood nymph ‘do achieved! (@kellikorducki)
3. Next Level Beauty: Amandla Stenberg, Zoë Kravitz and Solange stoked some serious skin envy (skinvy?) at the Alexander Wang show, playing up their respective otherworldly glows with otherwise understated color. Steal this glam squad’s dewy, radiant complexions with your fave highlighter (we like Benefit’s High Beam) and work what yo’ mama gave you. (@zoeisabellakravitz)
4. Street Style #Slay: We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: The ’70s are back in a big ol’ way. Good thing brown suede + an oversized fur collar are almost warm enough to keep toasty while staying on-trend. (But seriously girlfriend, button that thing up!) (@prettylittlefawn)
5. OMG Runway Moment: Non-traditional brides, drop everything: We have found your patron style saint in Jonathan Simkhai and to paraphrase Kylie M, we can’t get him out of our heads. His fall-winter 2016 collection is chock-a-block with spectacular, ultra-peekaboo white gowns that would take serious ovaries to wear down the street or down the aisle. Why yes, that IS a dare. (@netaporter)
Will you be trying out any of these trends in the fall? Tweet us @BritandCo!