The Busy Girl Guide to NYFW: 5 Must-See Instagrams from Day 2
Here we are at day two of New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2016 and the style inspo machine is fully on overdrive. In case you can’t attend every single event (because honestly, you can’t), we’ve rounded up some of the most stunning and squee-worthy moment that went down today for your Busy Girl Guide to NYFW (be sure to check out day one!). We stopped in backstage at the Yigal Azrouël show today and got some insight on the hair and beauty look all the models were sporting — so take a peek below.
1. Need-It-Now Look: Attention all brides and anyone with a Pinterest board. Tadashi Shoji just sent the most perfect couture/wedding dress down the runway this morning. We foresee a lot of ethereal swishing as you walk down the aisle in this beauty, or something like it. (@wellroundedbill)
2. DIY Hair Inspo: Lead stylist John Pecis has worked with Yigal Azrouël for years and when creating looks, the pair usually like to have “a juxtaposition between two things. This season it was dark and light — there’s a little bit of a Renaissance feeling in there, arts and crafts and Virginia Woolf.” The final looks was a sleek, middle parted low pony. Using the new John Masters Organic Volumizing Foam that’s set to launch next month and blowdrying the hair straight down against the sides of the face is key. Told ya flat hair is in! (@mitchramey)
3. Next Level Beauty: Light smoky eye is the new trend you’re going to want to tackle in the fall. “Today we created a soft, smoky, ’70s Stevie Nicks eye,” Sephora Pro lead artist Benjamin Puckey tells us backstage at Yigal Azrouël. The eyeshadow was achieved with an eggplant purple shadow blended in from the outer corners of the eye. Shimmery champagne on the rest of the lid makes the eyes sparkle. And believe it or not, next season, try stepping away from the mascara. “Because we’re not using mascara, the effect is the eyes are very wide open in the center, there are no lashes in the way.” (@infubilu)
4. Street Style #Slay: Did you hear? The ’70s are back. Street style today was all bout the oversized, structured coasts and high waisted bell bottoms. Also, just haven’t a damn good time. And get this, not a spot of black to be found. This is NYC right? (@lyndseyzorich)
5. OMG Runway Moment: You probably expected some insane, other worldly haute couture to fill this category, but this one was the clear winner of the day. The Levi’s show today featured two pint-sized runway models decked out in flannel and denim making their way down the catwalk hand-in-hand and the audience went nuts. This squee-worthy moment was captured by singer Adrienne Bailon, who was sitting front row of the show, no less! (@adriennebailon)
Will you be trying out any of these trends in the fall? Tweet us @BritandCo!