IKEA Has a New App You Should Download Before You Redecorate Your Home
The end of the summer is always a weird time. Not only are you rushing to accomplish all those fun summer bucket list activities with friends, but you’re also trying to cross off that to-do list that you’ve been putting off since the beginning of the season. (Sorry, dirty laundry!) This week, our five favorite apps are a combination of tools to help you cook better meals, redecorate your home and even make fun Snapchat filters for your end-of-summer bash. Now get out there and cross everything off your list!
1. IKEA Catalog: If you measure time passing not in months but in IKEA catalogs, you need to download their new app right now. Not only can you browse through the entire catalog from your phone, but, using AR, you can see how all of the items will look in your home. The future is here and it is very well-decorated.
2. Embark: If you’re traveling at all in the future — or even if you just live in a city — do yourself a favor and download this new travel app now. It works for 160 different public transportation systems around the world (seriously!) and will tell you not only how to get where you’re going, but how much carbon each form of transportation will emit.
3. Lisn: Harken back to the days of yore when you would split a pair of Walkman headphones with your friend (or, gasp, crush!) and listen to music together on the bus. This new app will let you and a mate listen to the exact same song at the exact same time, even when you’re far away. We think it’s absolutely perfect for long distance friends or baes who run on music.
4. Forkit: After a long day at work, it’s hard to work up enough enthusiasm to cook yourself a healthy and delicious dinner. This app aims to turn cooking into a game that will motivate you into becoming a more creative chef. (And challenge your friends to see who can come up with the best meals!) Everything’s a little more fun with some competition.
5. Confetti: If you’re in the DIY spirit this weekend, you can concoct your own Snapchat filter with Confetti. It’s a perfect touch for weddings, birthday parties or any event that calls for something with a little digital pizzazz. Or you can just make one for your home and insist that all your friends use it every time they come over. Your call.
Which app was your favorite this week? Let us know @BritandCo!