10 Indie Beauty Products Bloggers + Experts Swear By
Last weekend, New York City played host to the first ever Indie Beauty Expo. Housed in the Altman Building in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, the Expo drew tons of organic, all-natural and indie beauty brands, consumers and beauty professionals. Everyone flocked together for our joint love of makeup and a natural lifestyle.
Diane Read: Founder, Modern Minerals
1. Modern Minerals Love of Attraction Lip Gloss ($24): This delightful lip gloss not only adds shine to your lips, according to Diane, but also boosts invigorating qualities. A collab between Modern Minerals and Lotus Wei, this lipgloss is made with all-natural ingredients + a blend of essential herbal oils that will “wake you up.” Diane says, “It’s like aromatherapy for your lips.”
Ashley Paintsil: Editorial Director, Fashion Vest
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir Spray ($49): Beauty insiders swear by this spray, and it’s no surprise that it would make an appearance on this list. Editorial Director Ashley Paintsil doesn’t leave the house without it. “I use it after makeup and just throughout the day,” she tells us.
Prawarisa Wasutrasawat: Founder + Lead Chemist, Om Skincare
3. Om Skincare Invisible Finish Primer ($65): The founder of Om Skincare has an impressive resume. Prawarisa is also a PhD in Cosmetic and Pharmaceutical Science. “I was interested in merging science and skin care. That’s why I founded Om Skincare,” she says. She intends to transform skin with her simple five-product line. The one she can’t leave the house without? The tinted Invisible Finish Primer.
Corina McDonnell: Co-Founder + Makeup Artist, Flynn & King
4. Flynn & King Revive Oil-Based Cleanser ($45): “I have dry skin and get eczema in the colder months,” the makeup artist and Brooklyn-based indie brand Flynn & King co-founder tells us. “When we created this line, I was like, ‘We need to have this.'” And so, the Revive Oil-Based Cleanser was born. It’s made with homemade castile soap and rosehip seed oil to encourage skin cell turnover,” she says. “My skin hasn’t been the same since.”
Summer Dinh-Mansky: Co-Founder, Flynn & King
5. Flynn & King Replenish All-Over Dry Oil ($55): “I love this stuff. I use it like a moisturizer right after the shower so it sinks right into my skin. I also use a few drops on my hair to smooth flyaways and on my cuticles too,” Summer tells us. Replenish All-Over Dry Oil is made using solar-infused vanilla beans, which is the safest way to infuse oils. Flynn & King lets the beans naturally sit in the sun and infuse for over two months!
Britanie Faith: Beauty Blogger, Beauty by Britanie
6. CV Skinlabs Calming Moisture ($49): “I use this every day,” all-natural beauty blogger Britanie Faith tells us. “CV Skinlabs specializes in sensitive skin. I have super sensitive skin, so I love them.” Calming Moisture is ideal for chronically dry and flushed skin. Use this every AM and PM to combat redness and inflammation.
Violet Mkhitaryan: Founder + Master Facialist, Violet Skincare
7. Violet Skincare Rose Petal Face Oil ($59): Boston-based facialist Violet Mkhitaryan has been an expert in the skincare field for over 35 years. And the Rose Petal Face Oil from her own line is her absolute favorite product. “It’s infused with jojoba oil and Bulgarian roses,” she tells us, “and smells heavenly. I just use a few drops on the face every day.”
Patricia Walker: Founder, Board & Batten
8. Tender Loving Repair Set ($72): Board & Batten’s mantra is “Farm to Skin,” and its products are truly that — directly from their Lake County, Florida farm to your beauty bag. “Right now, the Restore Like a Girl Balm is my favorite. I use it at night on my face before I sleep,” founder Patricia Walker says. “Sometimes, I use our needle roller, which stimulates collagen and allows the product to absorb better.”
Lisa Chetrit: Founder, Kesh Beauty
9. Argan Oil With Rose Essence ($40): Kesh Beauty’s line of argan oils is 100 percent organic, responsibly sourced from Morocco and cold-pressed to boot. “I grew up using Argan Oil, and I just wanted to share what an amazing product it is with the world,” founder Lisa Chetrit says. “I love multi-tasking products, and I use the oils on my hair, my face. I love the sheen it gives my legs when I’m wearing a skirt.”
Lauren Doko: Communications Director, Innersense
10. innersense Inner Peace Whipped Creme Texturizer ($18): California-based hair care brand innersense is dedicated to organic, toxin-free products for shiny, healthy hair. Sounds good to us! “This unknown gem of our product line is a must-have to add texture, definition and thicken my fine, short curly hair,” Lauren tells us. “I use a pea-size amount rubbed together in my hands and gently scrunch into my hair while it is semi-dry.”
Will you be trying out any of these products? Tell us in the comments below!