18 Food Photographers to Follow on Instagram
The food has arrived, the iPhone is out, but the lighting is off. Yet you still snap a shot of your what-even-is-that grainy plate to your Instagram and tag it #foodporn. Why not step up your food photography game and learn how to always have five star-worthy meal shots with our Photography for Bloggers E-Class?
In the e-class you’ll first learn the basics of managing the controls of your DSLR camera (an essential, people!). Then Lindsay will teach you how to appropriately light your shots to make them gorgeous. Finally — and most importantly — you’ll learn how to perfectly style a shot so your overhead plate pics look as good as they taste.
Before you become a pro photographer, find a little inspiration from 18 food photographers that are frying the Instagram foodie scene. We’ll be on the lookout for you in our next foodie roundup.
1. @pinchofyum: Our e-class teacher really knows how to make the food she creates look tasty through the lens. Oh my yum.
2. @linda_lomelino: Whoever said food photography always had to be on a clean, white backdrop clearly never met Linda.
3. @dianecu: Fruits and veggies are essential to everyone’s daily intake and they should be vital to your Instagram feed also.
4. @topwithcinnamon: We love a tutorial, so naturally a process shot gets our taste buds tingling.
5. @symmetrybreakfast: These meals are so nice, the photographer snaps them twice.
6. @emilyblincoe: Floral arrangements are pretty and all but food arrangements are even better because you can eat them after you take the shot. Score!
7. @breakfastbachelor: Not only can you gaze at this guy’s delectable breakfast shots but you can also hire him (and possibly gaze at him) if you live in NYC. We’ll remember that next time we’re in the Big Apple.
8. @local_milk: Yes, drinks count as food photography. Afterall, some of the best beverages contain more than strictly liquid.
9. @trishpapadakos: Farmer’s market hauls never looked tastier.
10. @pissinginthepunchbowl: Throw some epic into your food gazing with these crazy delicious shots.
11. @ashrod: That sandwich (and the other food featured) are a handful.
12. @timmelideo: Pizza is always a good option, Now give us a slice.
13. @cannellevanille: Lover of the overhead food shot? This is the Queen.
14. @ladyironchef: Take a journey to Singapore with this foodie and learn a totally new cuisine.
15. @sonyayu: A barista’s creation always gives us life. We’ll get back to you if that’s because of the caffeine.
16. @heneedsfood: Not only does he need food, but so do we after scrolling through all of the delicious plates.
17. @jessicacomingore: Where’s the other half of this sugar dusted plate? What a tease, we’re betting it got eaten. We know that would be the case if it were us.
18. @alice_gao: If you like your healthy meals mixed with the occasional sweets, this food photog is your girl.
Which food photographer inspires you to become a pro? Let us know in the comments.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)