14 Iron-On Projects That Will Make You Feel like a DIY Pro
Iron-on transfer paper is basically the DIY world’s dirty little secret. In as little as 10 minutes, you can make something like a basic t-shirt or tote bag look totally professional. Nobody needs to know that all you did was print, cut and iron. We won’t tell if you don’t. And as far as what you can do with transfer paper, the options are totally endless. Want your face on a tote bag? You can do that. A sweet note printed on a tea towel for dear old mom? Totally achievable. But we know that sometimes it’s easier to get started when the idea is already laid out for you, and there’s no shame in that. So for your DIY convenience, here are 14 iron-on projects that you can master in under an hour.
2. Calligraphy Pillows: Fake these cool, hand-drawn pillows with just the click of a button. If you’re familiar with Photoshop you could even alter these so that they’re different colors. (via Style Me Pretty)
3. Deer T-Shirt ($2): Add some color to your outfit with this ultra-saturated printable. Not a fan of the deer? Check out the rest of this Etsy shop, which has a bunch of other designs in the same geometric pattern.
4. Bunny T-Shirt: We know Easter has passed, but bunnies are always cute. Rock this adorable spring-ready tee with a skirt to a garden party or even to the gym. The choice is yours. (via Alice and Lois)
6. Look Up Tote: Gently remind everyone to get out of that smartphone and into the world with this fresh and simple design. If you like the look but want another sentiment, check out this blogger’s other options. (via Oh the Lovely Things)
7. Boyfriend Tank: This hilarious tank was originally part of our epic April Fools’ prank, but it’ll still be super cool way past April 1st. Want to ask your new love interest to go steady? Catch him off guard by making him this and giving it to him as an expected present. (via Brit + Co)
8. Farmer’s Market Tote: If you’re always forgetting to bring a bag to the farmer’s market, make this and you’ll always be eager to show off your super appropriate accessory. (via The Casual Craftlete)
12. Iron Me On Book ($13): If you just can’t decide what you want to make, grab this awesome book with 20 pages of super funky iron-on designs. We’ll take 10 copies, please.
13. Spring Treat Bags: Have a spring-tastic garden party coming up? Send guests home with these adorable treat bags. We’re guessing they’ll hold on to them long after the seasons shift. (via Live Laught Rowe)
Have you made any awesome projects using iron-on transfers? Share them with us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)