17 DIY Tea Towels to Up Your Kitchen’s Style Game
We love finding ways to bring personality into the smallest details of our home, right down to the tea towels. These 17 designs have a project for every skill and energy level, so you can impress your friends with your Martha-level homemaking… or you can buy them and pretend you made them. We won’t tell.
3. Neon Polka Dot Tea Towels: We loved these so much, we’re posting them twice! Armed with neon puff paint and a stencil, even a first-grader could guarantee these towels are a home run. (via Oh My Handmade Goodness)
4. Printed Dish Towels: You come out of this tutorial not only with super cute, one-of-a-kind tea towels, but with hella-easy DIY stamps. (via Design Mom)
5. Stamped Tea Towels: Not quite up to cutting your own stamps yet? No worries, Sarah shows us a store-bought version too. (via Sarah Hearts)
7. Vintage Tea Towels: Get inspired to tackle those decorative stitches on your sewing machine! We were intimidated at first too, but once you set the stitch, all you have to do is follow a straight line! (via The Purl Bee)
8. Geo Hand-Printed Tea Towels: We place this tutorial at the intermediate level, cause it’s another one that calls for cutting your own stamps, but the circles are made from potatoes. Just don’t eat them for dinner afterward, k? (via Tuts+)
10. Hand-Cut Stamped Tea Towels: We are now officially expert stamp cutters. We might even host a class on it in the future. High-five to Mollie Makes for figuring out the hair dryer shortcut for drying time. (via Mollie Makes)
14. Ric-Rac Tea Towels: Word of warning: This project requires a sewing machine, but it’s still nice and simple if you’re a beginner. Plus, you can make it out of fabric scraps from your last project. (via A Spoonful of Sugar)
Which tea towel design do you want to whip up first? Let us know!