New season, new bag. That’s the rule, right? Right up there with slay-worthy sunglasses and tassel-trimmed everything, a snazzy bag that can usher any old #OOTD straight into FROW territory is a non-negotiable summertime essential. And between trips to the beach, your bestie’s wedding, and plenty of rooftop parties, there are plenty of occasions that warrant a new clutch or embellished straw tote this season. But which style to choose? We tapped some of our favorite Instababes to find out what’s hot.
1. Pop Art Prints: Classics will always hold a place of prestige in your closet, but as editor Caroline Vazzana knows, sometimes you just need to go all out. With their bright color palette and bold graphics, pop art prints allow you to do just that.
2. Jane Birkin Baskets: French girl fever is spreading like wildfire thanks to this charming wicker basket that’s been spotted on the arms of It girls everywhere. Team it with ditsy floral mini dresses and lace-up espadrilles for a winning warm weather ensemble a la Parisian.
3. Half-Moon Bamboo Bag: Beachy keen with a sculptural twist, these bamboo beauties are everywhere right now. Whether you opt for a vintage option or an of-the-moment interpretation, take style cues from Rosie Clayton and team it with a shoulder-baring top and go-with-the-flow wide-leg trousers for a flawless low-key look.
4. Chloé Nile Bracelet Bag: Introducing the mini bag of your dreams. Chloé’s Nile Bracelet Bag is the ideal accessory for after-work cocktails and brunch dates with your crew, adding the perfect finishing touch to an already Insta-worthy arm party.
5. Circular Straw Crossbody: If there’s one thing Julie Sariñana knows, it’s how to pull together a killer warm-weather ensemble, and this #OOTD is no exception. The star of the show? That circular wicker bag that would look just as ah-mazing styled alongside a slinky slip dress and tassel earrings as it would with cutoffs and a knotted cropped blouse.
6. Simon Miller Bonsai Bag: Don’t underestimate the power of a top-handle bucket bag that’s equal parts classic and cutting edge. We’re kinda sorta obsessed with how Lucy Williams styled hers alongside a snakeskin jacket, distressed white jeans, and suede Nike sneakers. Off-duty threads have never looked so chic.
7. Marimekko Karla 2 Bag: On the bag front, Tine Andrea is all about playing it cool. The Norwegian street style star goes back-to-basics with a sporty shoulder bag inspired by a — wait for it — candy wrapper (only Marimekko!).
8. Ladylike Pearl Bag: Yes, please. There’s just something irresistible about classic pearls, especially when they’re styled alongside sassy studs. Nicolette Mason serves up the ultimate mix of elegance and edge with a leather jacket, over-the-knee boots, and this structured pearl-studded stunner.
9. Flower Power: Boring isn’t even in this Instababe’s vocabulary. Decked out in a floral (and zebra?!) print, this punchy crossbody proves that all you need is one simple accessory to make even the most basic of basics feel like a million bucks.
10. Souped-Up Straw Bags: For stints in the city or in the sand, next-level straw bags are a must for summer 2017 — period. Do like Stella-Uzo and take a more-is-more approach to your trusty tote, opting for look-at-me embellishments such as bright pom-poms, bold embroidery, and unexpected silhouettes.
11. Kozha Numbers Mini Safe: A mini tote with this much panache must be shown off at any and every opportunity. Blogger Christie Tyler proved the versatility of this architectural accessory for swanky shenanigans by pairing it with a bow-embellished dress and back necklace for an evening out.
12. Next-Level Totes: Every girlboss knows that an Insta-worthy tote can totally revolutionize your on-the-clock style. Exhibit A: Reese Blutstein of Double Exposure‘s swoon-inducing Proenza Schouler Hex Bag turns up the heat on an otherwise classic trench.
13. Mini Top Handles: Less is more, people! Just ask actress and blogger Grasie Mercedes. Her small-and-mighty top handle bag brings her entire look together, adding a fresh pop of color and ladylike flair to a go-with-the-flow tropical frock.
14. Belt Bags: With festival season in full swing, a scene-stealing sac that will earn you all the Insta likes as you kick it at center stage is so necessary. The perfect pick for going hands-free? A rainbow-bright belt bag that doubles as a crossbody, duh.
15. Geometric Clutches: Winning at the minimalist game doesn’t have to mean sticking to the basics. Clean lines, muted hues, and geometric shapes offer the understated aesthetic you love while simultaneously scoring you some serious style cred with your crew.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.