7 K-Beauty Hair Products That Deliver Major Benefits
South Korean beauty products are having a major moment. These products, often referred to as K-beauty, are typically affordable, gentle, and simply put, they work. According to the BBC, it’s been estimated that South Korea’s beauty industry is 10 to 12 years ahead of the American industry, so like a sage older sister, we trust K-beauty to show us the way.
Korean beauty experts brought us the glass skin phenomenon, 14-step skincare routines, and now cloudless skin (who knew skin had weather?), so it makes sense that a beauty-obsessed country would also take great care of their hair. It turns out that many of the ingredients we’ve come to love in SoKo skincare — think: tea tree oil, snail mucin, and green tea — will also help grow strong, healthy strands. Ahead, we’re sharing seven of the most effective, shine-inducing, and frizz-fighting K-beauty hair products that you’ll want to add to your routine ASAP.
1. TONYMOLY Haeyo Mayo Hair Nutrition Mask ($16): Don’t panic: This mask is not actually mayonnaise, but it does contain egg yolk extract. Shea butter and macadamia seed oil give life to dry, damaged tresses; this 3-minute mask will leave your hair smelling like vanilla.
2. British M Organics Annatto Hair Oil ($67): A little goes along way with this luxe and lightweight oil. Vitamin-rich organic pumpkin seed, annatto (which is derived from the seeds of the achiote tree), and argan oils work their magic to nourish thirsty hair and create shine that never looks oily. Oh, and it smells so amazing, you may be tempted to use it as a perfume.
3. Meg. Steaming Hair Mask ($10): Perfect for hair that is dry or damaged (all those extra-hot showers and blow drying in the winter months take their toll), this formula is infused with nutrient-rich ingredients including chameleon plant, mint, and green tea extract. The mask itself looks like a huge shower cap, which you secure to your head and massage until it starts to warm up. Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water for soft, shiny, voluminous hair.
4. La’Dor Tea Tree Scalp Clinic Hair Pack ($19): This weekly scalp treatment is packed with powerful natural ingredients including aloe leaf extract and tea tree leaf oil, which help keep your scalp moisturized and flake-free. In addition, snail mucin (a popular K-beauty ingredient that’s way less scary than it sounds) helps seal in moisture and strengthen your strands from roots to ends.
5. Etude House Hair Secret Dry Shampoo Sheets ($11): Once-a-week shampooers, rejoice: Dry shampoo just got even easier and more portable. These dry shampoo sheets quickly absorb oil and leave hair looking refreshed and clean on the go.
6. Innis Free My Hair Repairing Hair Sleeping Pack ($15): Who wouldn’t want to wake up to smooth, healthy-looking hair? Power trio argan oil, macadamia oil, and protein-rich Jeju soybean extract work to repair damaged strands while you snooze.
7. Nature Republic Argan Essential Deep Care Shampoo($16): This shampoo will start you off on the right foot with a highly concentrated blend of argan, rosehip, and evening primrose oils. Massage into your scalp for two to three minutes, then rinse and behold strong, silky strands.
Do you have a favorite K-beauty hair product? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.