Beach days and barbecues are some of our favorite things about summertime. Chances are, your kids love the extra opportunities to get outside and enjoy those longer days. But before you pack up those pool toys or send them away to camp, you better start thinking about sun protection. You’ve stocked up on great products for yourself, but young skin is especially susceptible to the strong rays of the sun, and serious protection is in order. We’ve got you covered with the 10 top-rated products for little ones. From hooded towels that provide a little extra shade to the top sunscreens to slather on this season, these essentials are must-haves.
1. Honest SPF 30 Sunscreen ($14): This brand from famous mom Jessica Alba has quickly grown to be one of the most trusted by parents. You can’t go wrong with mineral sun protection that’s effective for 80 minutes and contains no synthetic chemical sunscreens.
2. Solartex Rash Guard Swim Shirt ($26): Boys have the luxury of going shirtless on the beach, but parents who want to pack some extra sun protection should reach for a swim shirt. This one stands up to saltwater and chlorine and blocks more than 98 percent of harmful rays.
4. Kiss My Face Sport ($15): For kids on the go, this sunscreen battles sweat and water to maintain an even level of protection. Add the light coconut scent, cucumber extract, chamomile and vitamin E that nourishes skin while it protects and you’ve got a real winner.
5. Girls Frill Sun Suit ($46): Full coverage plus a precious ballerina frill? Sign us up. This suit is versatile and comfy enough for everything from beaches and pools to splash pads and water parks.
6. SwimZip Sun Hat ($20): Sunscreen is great, but extra protection requires some additional gear. This hat is so breezy your kids won’t even notice they’re wearing it, but you can be relaxed knowing that the sunscreen has some backup.
8. SwimZip Fedora ($24): A bucket hat is nothing short of precious on a toddler, but for the kids with serious style, a fedora is in order. This unisex fedora does double duty to shade the face and protect the top of the head from harmful rays.
9. Hooded Beach Towel ($35): No matter how powerful your SPF, there’s nothing like catching a little shade. Give your kids a rest from the sun on their next swim break with a full-coverage hooded beach towel.
10. SwimZip Ruffle Swimsuit ($30): We adore ruffles, but it’s the functionality of this two-piece swimsuit that puts it over the top. It zips up the front to make it easy to pull on and off, even when wet. The SPF-50 protection material and the short sleeves provides even more peace of mind for parents.
How do you protect your little ones from the sun? Let us know in the comments below.