15 Must-Haves for Camping With Kids
From putting up the tent to making s’mores at the end of a long day, camping is a great experience and can create some unforgettable memories. Things get a bit trickier when there are kiddos involved. Did you pack enough stuff to keep them entertained? Safe? Clean? While it can seem like a daunting task to pack for a family camping trip, we’ve compiled 15 must-haves for roughing it with kids in tow.
1. Educational Insights Kidnoculars ($15): Let your kid take a closer look around with their own pair of binoculars specially designed with an enlarged eyepiece for easy viewing.
2. Ozark-Trail Kids Sleeping Bag ($40): Sleeping under the stars can be scary for a first-timer, but having a cool sleeping bag can help make bedtime something to look forward to.
3. Hunter Kids Classic Rain Boots ($55): Protect their feet from the elements with boots they’ll be excited to put on (and probably won’t ever want to take off).
4. Curious George Goes Camping ($5): Spend some quality time with your little camper reading the classic tale of a mischievous monkey exploring the great outdoors.
5. Berry Toys Little Explorer Camping Backpack Play Set ($43): Give your little nature scout their own set of survival tools so they won’t be tempted to touch the real things.
6. ProSource Foam Puzzle Mat ($30) Pack a few of your foam tiles from home and create a crawler-friendly floor in seconds.
7. Wazzala Premium Microfiber Towel ($12+): Pack a compact, quick-drying towel that will be handy for any outdoor adventures that may involve water (or to clean up any spills that are likely to happen).
8. ThorFire LED Crank Lantern ($16): You don’t have to worry about the batteries dying or having access to an electrical outlet with this collapsible lantern; it runs on crank power (but can also be charged by USB).
9. First Aid Only First Aid Kit ($27): Be prepared for any little accidents that may happen while you’re roughing it: This handy kit includes bandages, tweezers, alcohol cleansing pads, antibiotic ointment packs, insect sting relief pads, and more.
10. ciao! Baby Portable Highchair ($80): Not only will this be a lifesaver during a weekend in the woods, but it will also come in handy for all the backyard barbecues this summer.
11. Regalo My Cot Portable Toddler Bed ($25): These cots are lightweight, foldable, and can support a child up to 75 lbs. Just think of them as an investment since you’ll have ’em for years (and generations) to come.
12. PaperFoxDesign Scavenger Hunt ($8): Put together a fun scavenger hunt and let the kids explore the area. If you’re camping with a crowd, break the kids off into teams and bring a small prize for the winners.
13. Educational Insights Underwater Aquascope ($40): Camping somewhere near the water can add a whole new element of excitement. Now you and your little one can observe the underwater critters without getting wet.
14. Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard ($14): Keep mosquitos at bay with this kid-friendly insect repellent. It doesn’t smell like your typical bug spray and has sun protection built in.
15. Camerons Marshmallow Roasting Sticks ($8 for four): Because what’s camping without making s’mores?
What will you pack the next time you bring the kids to the campground? Let us know @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)