Going camping soon? You’re not alone. Camping foods are one of the top-searched types of recipes on Pinterest this month, and that’s because tons of Americans are taking to the wilderness. But while sandwich recipes and salad recipes can be delish, sometimes when you’re camping you want something a little more… hearty and campfire-appropos. And that’s where these 10 camping food recipes come in.
1. Campfire Banana Boats: HOW CUTE are these kid-friendly banana boats? You can make them a full *nine* different ways, including Stawberry Hazelnut, S’Mores, Banana Split, and Honey Ginger style. (via Fresh Off the Grid)
2. BBQ Chicken Foil Packs: Prep this meal ahead of time and then throw these bad boys in the fire on your camping trip. Two notes of caution: 1. Keep these in a cooler until you’re ready to cook them so the chicken doesn’t spoil, and 2. Make sure to wear heat-proof gloves when taking these out of the campfire! (via Life in the Lofthouse)
3. Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats: Pretty much NOTHING could be simpler than prepping overnight oats ahead of time and eating them for breakfast while you’re camping. And by the way, feel free to use whatever fruit you’d like, from strawberries to blueberries and beyond. (via Annie’s Noms)
4. Cajun-Style Grill Foil Packets: You might notice that there are a couple of foil pocket recipes on this list, mainly because they’re *so* perfect for camping. This iteration offers a Cajun take on things. (via Favorite Family Recipes)
6. Energy Boosting Trail Mix With Toasted Coconut and Dark Chocolate: So, we’ve already covered some ideas for what to eat around the campfire, but what about when you’re on the trail? Cue this high-energy snack loaded with coconut flakes, raw almonds, dried cherries, dark chocolate, cashews, and more. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
7. Italian Sausage and Veggies Foil Pack: Looking for a camp-friendly meal but want to keep it healthy and low-carb? Spring for this insanely good (and filling!) Italian sausage and bell pepper combo. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
8. Hot Ham and Swiss Croissants: Sure, these are technically sandwiches, which is why they’re so easy to make for a camping trip. But the twist is that you wrap them in foil and throw them on the heat, allowing the cheese to get all melty and gooey. Better than your average sammie, no? (via Life With the Crust Off)
10. Camping Mac and Cheese: We’ve saved the best for last. The key to making this recipe camp-friendly is to pre-cook the noodles before you leave home. But once you’ve done that, it’s all downhill. Bonus: This is a one-pot recipe that uses barely ANY dishware. (via Hapa Nom Nom)
Follow us on Pinterest for more quick-and-easy diner ideas and cooking hacks!