10 Glitter-Filled DIY Projects Your Kids Will Love
Having kids means having someone to share your love of glitter with. Kids will never turn down glitter, and that’s basically a proven fact. So when the temperatures are too high to go outside and play, the rain is falling down or you just have an afternoon to spare, try one of these 10 glitter DIYs to keep your little one occupied. Get ready to add a bit of sparkle to your day!
1. Homemade Glitter: First things first, you’re going to need glitter for these projects. If you don’t already have some, here’s a way you can make your own with just a few simple ingredients. (via Growing a Jeweled Rose)
3. Glitter Kicks: Dress up an ordinary pair of sneakers and give your tiny diva (or divo) some shoes that are just as fabulous as they are! You’ll definitely be the cool mom when this project is finished. (via Sturdy for Common Things)
5. Glitter Critters: Most of us have extra jar lids hangin’ around our kitchen. You can’t recycle them, so you might as well reuse them and make a whole army of these cute glitter critters. This is a project even the youngest helper can handle. (via Crafts by Amanda)
6. Stacking Glitter Blocks: If you love glitter but not the mess it comes with, then this is the perfect project for you. Let your little buddy create the patterns and stick down the tape while you handle the scissors. (via Momtastic)
8. Golden Glitter Slime: Ooey, gooey, golden slime? I’m not sure who will have more fun with this one, you or your kids. Either way, this is a fun one and it keeps in a Ziploc bag for weeks at a time. (via Fun at Home with Kids)
10. Temporary Tattoos: Now you can wear your love for glitter right on your sleeve…err, skin. Lasting two to three days, these glitter tattoos are the perfect way to add a little something special using supplies you already have. These would be great for sporting events, Halloween or any day in between. (via Beautylish)
What’s your favorite way to use glitter? Have any awesome glitter projects to share? Tell us about them in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)