10 Glitter-Filled DIY Projects Your Kids Will Love
Having kids means having someone to share your love of glitter with. Kids will never turn down glitter, and that’s basically a proven fact. So when the temperatures are too high to go outside and play, the rain is falling down or you just have an afternoon to spare, try one of these 10 glitter DIYs to keep your little one occupied. Get ready to add a bit of sparkle to your day!
1. Homemade Glitter: First things first, you’re going to need glitter for these projects. If you don’t already have some, here’s a way you can make your own with just a few simple ingredients. (via Growing a Jeweled Rose)
3. Glitter Kicks: Dress up an ordinary pair of sneakers and give your tiny diva (or divo) some shoes that are just as fabulous as they are! You’ll definitely be the cool mom when this project is finished. (via Sturdy for Common Things)
5. Glitter Critters: Most of us have extra jar lids hangin’ around our kitchen. You can’t recycle them, so you might as well reuse them and make a whole army of these cute glitter critters. This is a project even the youngest helper can handle. (via Crafts by Amanda)
6. Stacking Glitter Blocks: If you love glitter but not the mess it comes with, then this is the perfect project for you. Let your little buddy create the patterns and stick down the tape while you handle the scissors. (via Momtastic)
8. Golden Glitter Slime: Ooey, gooey, golden slime? I’m not sure who will have more fun with this one, you or your kids. Either way, this is a fun one and it keeps in a Ziploc bag for weeks at a time. (via Fun at Home with Kids)
10. Temporary Tattoos: Now you can wear your love for glitter right on your sleeve…err, skin. Lasting two to three days, these glitter tattoos are the perfect way to add a little something special using supplies you already have. These would be great for sporting events, Halloween or any day in between. (via Beautylish)
What’s your favorite way to use glitter? Have any awesome glitter projects to share? Tell us about them in the comments below!