11 Colorful Crayon DIY Ideas
One of our favorite things about back to school season was always that fresh, new box of unused crayons. Unless you have kids, you likely don’t have a reason to buy a box of 64 (or 96!) Crayolas. But these 11 DIY projects might send you to the school supply aisle in a hurry! Yes, some of them are distinctly geared toward kids, but there are plenty that would look great in a grown up apartment, too.
4. Crayon Monogram: This is the perfect DIY for a kid’s room or as a teacher’s gift at the beginning of the school year. We’d also love to see it done in all one color for an ombre effect. (via Show Me Mama)
5. Multi Colored Crayons: What do you do with all those broken crayons? Make them into multi-colored ones, of course! You can use a silicone tray, or a muffin tin with paper liners. We can also see them being used as holders for place cards. (via The Organic Lemon)
6. Crayon Wreath ($28): This is actually a wreath you can buy, but if you feel like making your own, it would be easy to DIY with a cardboard wreath template and some glue.
7. Melted Crayon Art: We’ve seen lots of these melted crayon creations. But something about the shades of pinks and reds in this version has us hooked. It feels more grown up than the strictly rainbow versions. (via JK Create)
9. Abstract Crayon Art: Another take on the melted crayon DIY, this version takes a more abstract approach. We’re guessing you wouldn’t even know it was made with crayons without being told. (via Artistic Junkie)