5 Last Minute Costumes Using 5 Materials You Can Find ANYWHERE
We know the story. You were on the fence about dressing up for Halloween, didn’t have time to make a costume or weren’t totally set on the party options on your list? But now it’s actually Halloween and you are experiencing Insta-FOMO and need to get your ‘ish together in an instant. What’s a gal to do?
Hit up any drugstore, grocery store or maybe your closet and/or junk drawer and stock up on five simple materials. Armed with black leggings, a pack of white t-shirts, Sharpies, white out and duct tape, you can make not one, not two, but FIVE totally DIY costumes in minutes!
There are no extra gimmicks, no crazy makeup needed, no silly wigs, just you and these tools. We created a zebra, pirate, mime, flapper and the galaxy — but there are tons of other possibilities. Get creative!
What you need:
<br/>1. Slice the sleeves at an angle to turn them into cap sleeves.
2. Use your black Sharpie to create a zebra print — we recommend Google searching zebra prints as inspiration.
3. Wear it! Feel free to throw on leggings underneath.
<br/>1. Sew the t-shirt down each edge after cutting off the sleeves at an angle to create a form fitting halter dress.
2. For the fringe, fold the tape over onto itself so that there is nothing sticky exposed and slice into long strips.
3. Hot glue the strips to the collar of the dress.
4. Make one more strip out of tape for your head piece and BOOM, you are an instant ‘20 starlet.
This creepy mime can also be a jester or clown — whatever you like!
Mime it up:
<br/>1. Draw a skull and cross bones on a t-shirt using Sharpie. Again, we recommend Googling it up to find drawing inspo.
2. Cut off the sleeves starting from the bottom of the armpit to where the collar starts. Then cut the collar out for a more unfinished look.
3. Cut uneven triangle sections off the bottom to create a ragged silhouette.
4. Use a lighter to burn the edges of your shirt — be careful!
5. Create an eyepatch out of duct tape, and use t-shirt scraps to tie it to your face.
<br/>1. For the top, cut out the crotch and remove the leg portion of a pair of leggings. Instant tube top!
2. Throw down another pair of leggings and use white out to splatter dots all over to give the illusion of stars.
3. Add a few star bursts and galaxy clusters using the brush as well.
4. For the finish, use the teal and purple sharpies to add some color to the starbursts and a few of the larger stars.