You didn’t plan on hosting Easter dinner or brunch, so what do you do when you find out that a motley group of friends and family are on their way — and arriving in the next few hours? Besides rummaging through your cupboards for enough appetizers and sides to feed the crowd, you’ll want to sort out some kind of festive table decor. Beautiful centerpieces take time! But these handy solutions are easy to pull together at the last minute, and don’t sacrifice on style or color.
1. DIY Rainbow Taper Candle Holder: Got some ABB (already been burned) taper candles kicking around? Perfect, grab the details for this project and get to work! No time to drill? You can create a similar effect with the same candles and a collection of some of your favorite candlesticks. (via Sugar & Cloth)
2. Flower Cake: Proving once again that dessert can be a piece of art, this naked floral cake is a showstopper. The best part? You can make it with a store-bought cake and checkout flowers. (via Buttered Side Up)
3. Easter Basket Place Setting: If you have any Easter bunnies lying around and a small group coming by, use the chocolate figures to make individual place settings that are easier and cost-effective, to say nothing of festive and delicious. (via A Pretty Life in the Suburbs)
4. Temporary Tattoo Easter Eggs: Dig out your music festival stash and apply them to whatever eggs you can find in the fridge! Scatter them around the table for perfectly foiled decor. (via Brit + Co)
5. Mini Bud Arrangement: The finest flowers you can buy at the bodega coupled with your collection of bud vases (or juice glasses, or votive holders) will add texture and depth to your table decor. (via Paper & Stitch)
6. DIY Paper Flowers: No flowers? No time? No problem. If you have craft supplies and 10 minutes, you can make these colorful paper flowers. Bunch them in a vase, place on each plate, or make a garland. (via Brit + Co)
7. Easter Egg Tree: Head to the park for a fallen branch and hang your eggs with pretty ribbons. If you can snag a branch with budding blooms, even better. (via The House That Lars Built)
8. DIY Stamped Eggs: Simplicity and beauty go hand in hand. And never fear if you don’t have the temporary tattoo printer paper this DIY calls for: You could freehand or use a potato stamp to create your own festive pattern. (via Squirrelly Minds)
9. Spring Egg Easter Display: This punny idea couldn’t be easier to put together. All you’ll need is a little paint and some crafting wire. (via A Beautiful Mess)
10. Polka Dots & Buds: A white runner, some paint, buds, and candles — this simple and curated table looks cohesive and well thought out. No one will know you grabbed all the elements from your Christmas decor in the minutes before guests arrived. (via Julep)
Show us your last minute creations and tag us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!