15 Appetizer Recipes Perfect for Easter Brunch
Nothing against a nice honey-glazed ham or roast leg of lamb, but not everyone wants to host a formal Easter brunch. Whether you’re planning a sit-down meal or serving the food up banquet-style, you can’t go wrong with a small-plates approach that showcases all the best fresh produce of spring. Little but mighty, appetizers pack a big flavor punch. Plus, they pair perfectly with an array of fun Easter cocktails and mocktails. Here are 15 spring-themed appetizer recipes just *perfect* for an informal Easter brunch.
2. Pea Socca + Mustard Greens Pesto: Be sure to nab some of the fresh green peas spilling over in every farmers’ market this month. This chickpea-flour crepe known as socca is topped with an incredible blend of sweet peas and spicy mustard-greens pesto. (via The Green Life)
3. Asparagus Ricotta Tarts With Honey Lemon Sauce: This tart looks so impressive, but it’s super easy to pull off with frozen puff pastry. Cut it into bite-size squares, so your guests can mingle while they eat. (via Some the Wiser)
4. Easter Bunny Dinner Breadsticks: These cute breadstick bunnies are so festive, they do double duty as Easter decorations on your tablescape. This recipe is vegan, but you can use whatever type of milk you have on hand and it will be just as good. (via Plated Cravings)
5. Nordic Open Faced Smoked Salmon Sandwiches: This one’s for all the clean eaters in the house! Open sandwiches dotted with edible flowers are an homage to the farm-to-table movement, but so dainty they’d be right at home at a garden party. (via The View from Great Island)
7. Egg and Pea Crostini: Crostini are a perfect canvas to showcase all your fave spring ingredients. Garnished with microgreens and edible flowers, these little babies are *almost* too beautiful to eat. (via Honestly YUM)
8. Wrapped Asparagus: This appetizer is so easy to make and SOOO very pretty. Wrapped up in spirals of pastry dough and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, asparagus become so tasty that even the pickiest of eaters will gobble them up. (via Dessert Now, Dinner Later)
9. Undeviled Eggs: Deviled eggs are a timeless appetizer, but sometimes the egg taste just gets lost in a sea of mayo. Enter the *undeviled* egg, where everything sits on top. (via Everyday Epicurist)
12. Herb and Cheese Grissini: Throw out every childhood memory of dry, tasteless breadsticks you were served in restaurants. These homemade grissini are long, pencil-thin, and chock full of savory goodness in every crunchy bite. (via A Shaggy Dough Story)
14. Butternut Squash Hummus: Made with roasted and fresh garlic, lemon juice, parsley, smoky cumin, paprika, and a pinch of cinnamon, this squash hummus is *bursting* with flavor. It’s absolutely perfect served with whole-grain pita chips or roasted carrots. (via Minimalist Baker)
15. Dyed Deviled Eggs: Why dye hard-boiled eggs and then try to think up ways to use them after Easter? Instead, dunk the egg whites in food coloring and serve up this colorful platter that just sings “Happy Easter.” (via Melanie Makes)
If you love these tasty *small plates* recipes, follow us on Pinterest for more.