22 Last Minute Halloween Party Projects
Thinking of throwing a last minute shindig? Or maybe you’ve had your party on the books for months but… totally forgot to make tricks, treats and decorations? Well, you’re in luck. We’ve scoured the Brit + Co Halloween archives for pumpkins, jello shots and even a platter of blood-splattered petit fours. Presenting 22 party-perfect DIY projects for last minute hostesses with the mostest! :)
1. Burlap Bunting: First up, we whipped up a simple sign to hang above our dessert table. This could also go on the door, or pretty much anywhere that folks will be partying. All you need is stencils, paint, burlap and twine.
2. 5-Minute Fringe Photo Booth: No party’s a real party without a photo booth, or at least a super photogenic backdrop! Gold fringe is a winning option, and easy to find at any party store.
3. Chic Mask Photo Props: Hopefully most of your guests will be in crazy costumes, but it’s also wise to keep photo props and last minute costumes on hand. You can make these masks in minutes, or even have the materials at your party for people to make their own.
4. Paint Your Pumpkins: No-carve is the way to go this year. With a little paint and paint pens or Sharpies, you can make the Dia de los Muertos-inspired pumpkin of your dreams.
5. Gummy Worm-Infested Ice Cubes: Keep those cocktails creepy and crawly with this simple ice cube hack. This is a great trick for kiddie beverages as well.
6. Washi Drink Stirrers: Like we’d only include one washi trick when throwing a party. Don’t you know us at all?
7. No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars: You can make these tonight or tomorrow morning — they’re that quick and easy!
8. Dia de los Muertos Planters: How awesome are these? And even though these ones are for Dia de los Muertos, you could also make a similar set for any Halloween party.
9. Balloon-Dipped Mason Jars: One of our favorite tricks for temporary decoration, all you need is three colors of balloons to create your own color-blocked mason jars.
10. Spooky Monster Cupcakes: Spooky, scary and pretty darn cute if you ask us.
11. Decoupage Pumpkins: That’s right — pumpkin decor can actually be beautiful!
12. White Chocolate + Candy Bark: Candy bark is one of our favorite go-tos, for any holiday. This batch was made with candy corns, peanuts, and Reese’s Pieces. Nom.
13. Syringe Shooters: Fill ‘em up with any mix you like. We went with fruit punch Gatorade and vodka. Why not get those electrolytes in while you drink?!
14. Caramel and Candy Apples: Caramel and candy apples are a fall classic, and make for a perfect party bite.
15. Gold Leaf Patterned Pumpkin: We used a faux (yes, faux) pumpkin to create this chic piece of Halloween decor.
16. Blood-Splattered Vases: Dexter called — he wants his vases back.
17. Homemade Candy Bars: Why go store-bought when you can go homemade?
18. Turn Your Refrigerator into a Candy Dispenser: You read that right. If you’ve got a fridge with an ice dispenser, you can fill it with candy and have it dispense that instead. Amazing!
19. Stack-O-Lantern: What did we tell you about no-carve pumpkins being the best? Make this adorable stack-o-lantern for your stoop.
20. Candy Corn Jello Shots: Obvs you need shots! These candy corn Jello shots do take a few steps, but if you start now… you can totally have them ready in time for your party.
21. Photo Garlands: If you’re setting up a photo booth that prints, have twine and clothespins at the ready to create on-the-spot garlands. If you don’t have a fancy photo booth set, use photos from Halloweens past to inspire hamming it up all night long.
22. Blood-Splattered Petit Fours: And finally, our all-time favorite Halloween dessert. They’re almost too scary to eat!
Happy day-before-Halloween!! Share what you have planned with us below!