So you totally forgot that it’s Valentine’s Day weekend, or maybe work has been too crazed to plan anything — we’ve been there. If you’re the last-minute type, we’ve got some love-ly ideas that show you put some thought and effort into saying “I love you.” The best part? You can do it all from your phone. We’re not talking wilted bouquets or dusty chocolate boxes here. Check out our fave services that get fresh flowers and unique gifts to the door without the mass chaos that may ensue in the chocolate aisle.
2. BloomNation: Because the person who makes you crazy in a good way deserves much more than a generic floral arrangement. Keep it local, and send a hand-crafted floral arrangement designed by a local floral artisan.
3. Postmates: Calling all procrastinators: Meet your Valentine’s Day lifesaver, Postmates. Dubbed the “Uber of packages,” you name it, and it’s delivered in under an hour. Whether it’s flowers for your sweetie, a latte to brighten their day or dinner for two from your fave restaurant, you can take your pick from any restaurant or store in your city, whether they offer delivery or not. (photo via @postmates)
4. Minibar: What’s a celebration without a little bubbly? Minibar is here to lift your spirits by delivering the goods: wine, liquor, beer, mixers and more. With a few taps on your phone and a brief 30-60 minute wait, Minibar will be at your door. It’s available in major cities across the U.S. and delivery is free. (Free on iOS and Android)
5. All You Need Is Love GLITTER Gift Box ($129): It’s true, all you really need is love… but some wine would be nice too, and perhaps some dark chocolate and maybe a bubble bath with a flickering candle, amiright? This glittering gift box is filled with everything but the bathtub.
7. Mouth: Valentine’s Day Tasty Treats: Why make your lovebird’s heart flutter when you can make their mouth water with indie food and booze from Mouth? Get small-batch food and drinks, made by real people, delivered right to your door. With so many tasty gifts to choose from, we suggest you start with the Valentine’s Day XO Tasters and Love Potion #9.
8. Goldbely: You won’t have to spend endless hours searching for the most deliciously unique gourmet eats for your foodie-obsessed love. Goldbely’s team of food explorers has done the work for you. If you want to impress your main squeeze with a lobster dinner, Goldbely will deliver it fresh. Homemade chocolate truffles to melt your lover’s heart? No problem.
9. Farm to People: Edible gifts truly are the way to a loved one’s heart, so this Valentine’s Day, speak the language of love through small-batch artisanal goods like Sea Salt Truffles, Chocolate-Dipped Almond Coconut Macarons or our fave, Chocolate-Vanilla Bean Cream Sandwiches.
10. Reserve: Things are about to get personal when it comes to dining out. Thanks to Reserve, you can reserve your table and pay your bill (tip included!) without ever pulling out your wallet. Why not reserve time with your main squeeze and not worry about the little things? (Free on iOS)
11. EatStreet: Remembering the mass chaos of last year’s Valentine’s Day dinner reservation? Opt for a romantic night in and get your dinner delivered right to your candlelit dining table. Choose any of your local flavors, and EatStreet has you and your dinner date covered with the tap of a button. (Free on iOS and Android)
What delivery services make your heart skip a beat? Talk to us in the comments below.