Live Creatively: Another Spin on Nail String Art!
As you might know, we’re still putting the finishing touches on our office space here at Brit HQ. So we’re always excited to make (and share!) new pieces to decorate our space. Hence our newest addition, the Live Creatively sign! We are always down for inspirational quotes, and the hot pink string is just a bonus ;)
– neon rope
– Live Creatively stencil (download here)
1. Print out your stencil and tape it onto the wood.
2. Start nailing! Outline your stencil with nails.
3. Rip off that stencil!
4. Time to string. Knot the rope around a nail and start wrapping. Try wrapping in a zig-zag pattern.
5. Knot the end and trim off the extra cord.
For printing out your stencil we recommend Kinkos. Request that you will be printing a stencil. They will print out your design on thinner paper which will be a lot cheaper. Our sign is 20 inches by 60 inches — that’s a whole lot of nails!
After nailing three million nails (that might be an exaggeration…) we were really excited to rip off that stencil!
Time to string, Tie a knot onto one nail, then in a zig-zag pattern wrap the string around all of the nails. Tie it off at the end and snip off the extra cord.
All finished! #livecreatively
Do you love nail art as much as we do? What inspirational phrase would you choose? Tell us in the comments below!