You’ve Got Long Hair and 10 Minutes: 3 ‘Dos You Can Do
When it comes to hair, we’ve got a lot of here at Brit HQ. Okay, that sounds gross. Let me start over. There are a lot of ladies here with long hair! For our next hair hack, we’ll show you long-haired gals three simple hacks that are quick and easy to recreate, even if you’ve only got 10 minutes.
Thanks to Brit + Co. Creative Director Anj for lending us her long, wavy, un-layered locks. Didn’t know un-layered was a term? It is if you’re a stylist like me, and live for layers! ;)
On the left, boring lifeless hair. On the right, a Pantene commercial! To create this look, we created 8 big curls and set them by pinning on top. Just follow the steps below!
1. Use Kenra Heat Protector and roll with a large iron to tame those locks.
2. Secure the first curl with a pin.
3. Repeat all over your head.
4. Keep in mind, it is okay to do really big sections of hair.
5. Oh, hey!
6. Pull out the pins gently, so as not to tangle the curls.
7. Flip hair upside down and break curls apart using your fingers.
8. Spray with Aquage Beyond Shine to smooth down curls and refine look.
Next up, how crazy is this transformation? If you’re bored of hair or just feel like mixing things up, you can fake a haircut with a few key pins and a slouchy beanie.
1. Apply a pea size amount of Redkin Smooth Down to your hair.
2. If hair is still wet, blow dry hair using a wide-tooth combo.
3. Section of the front of the hair.
4. Twist to desired length for bangs and secure with two bobby pins.
5. Take another section of hair around the perimeter of your face and repeat, leaving hair around the length of your chin.
6. Repeat on the other side so you have two fake layers framing your face.
7. Put on that beanie!
8. Use a straightener to smooth out layers and the rest of your hair.
9. Say cheeeeese!
Love the natural look, but feeling like your hair needs a little extra kick? Last, we’ve got a look inspired by California summers, right in the middle of winter! This process definitely doesn’t take nine steps, but we threw together nine process photos anyway ;)
1. Spray John Masters Sea Spray all over your hair.
2. Use a heat wand to place several random curls in your hair.
3. Keep going, adding texture throughout the hair.
4. Spray an additional layer of sea spray.
5. Flip upside down, scrunch, and tousle your hair, and you’re done!
Bonus! Here’s what it looks like when Anj flips her hair right side up. BOOM!
What type of hair do you have? Any specific questions or topics you’d like us to tackle? Leave a note in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)