13 DIY Projects to Hack Lulu & Georgia’s Prettiest Finds
Lulu & Georgia‘s online home decor shop is known for its feminine, playful and super on-trend furniture, decor and textiles — not to mention, some pretty rad collabs with the likes of Emily Henderson and other big name home decor powerhouses. But let’s face it: While it’s all too easy to fill that little online cart with one of everything for your dream spring decor refresh, you might not have the budget for that. The 13 Lulu & Georgia decor hacks below will brighten and glam up your space, without that hefty designer-brand price tag. Before you know it, your home will be spring-ready with a colorful new rug here, a few hanging planters there and some awesome storage options to get your spring cleaning started early. Hack on, friends!
1. DIY Area Rug: As much as anyone would love to shell out for this gorgeous Merrimac Rug ($237+), it’s that pesky little “+” sign that’s got us wanting to DIY instead. The right area rug can really make the room, and when you make your own, you can totally customize the colors and patterns. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Neon Antler Candle Holder: We’ll take the color-dipped, DIY version over this Bronze Candle Holder ($104) any day, #sorrynotsorry. If you have your heart set on gold, you can totally swap the neon color for metallics. (via Kristi Murphy)
3. DIY Textured Bowl: It’s all about the texture with this Hobnail Vase ($24), but that texture is ridiculously easy to achieve on any thrift store find. Want to guess how? If you guessed a glue gun, you nailed it right on the DIY head. (via Proper)
4. DIY No Sew Rope Bowls: A woven bowl adds the perfect pop of color to any surface, but there’s no way you’re spending over $50 on this Akinya Woven Bowl ($60) when you can DIY your own version for a few bucks. Little-to-no money and zero sewing adds up to make this seriously colorful statement basket. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Hanging Rope Planters: Small space living is all about creative storage, which means taking things vertical when it comes to planters and baskets. Skip the cost of Lulu & Georgia’s pretty Hanging Baskets ($60), and DIY your own fringed and colorful basket planters for your house plants. (via Style My Pretty)
6. DIY Dyed Band Pillows: Instead of buying a new set of Blue Misty Pillows ($52+), grab a set of inexpensive white pillow cases and indigo dye to update the throws you already have. A few of these pillowcases will make all those mismatched pillows look chic and cohesive. (via Martha Stewart)
7. DIY Lucite Tray Table: Even though this Illiana Gold Table ($649) is lovely, you won’t be tempted to splurge when you can DIY a lucite version for under $60. Plus, lucite is always better. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Copper Dipped Vases: Lulu & Georgia’s Copper Dipped Jugs ($90) are definitely statement pieces, but are *so* easy to DIY on your own. With some inexpensive glass vases and a can of copper spray paint, you could make a whole vignette and still come in under budget. (via Homey Oh My!)
9. DIY Zebra Dish: This Zebra Dish ($24) makes a great catch-all key dish when you walk in the door. It’s also a great spot for keeping your jewelry right where you can see it when you’re ready for bed. You definitely need to channel your inner Jonathan Adler, and DIY a colorful version with clay. If you’re feeling a little wild, spice it up with color and gold paint. (via Amanda Katherine)
10. DIY Concrete Vases: To hack the concrete-dipped Stone Vase ($83), all you need are dollar store vases and a little concrete mix and water. Use them to add extra texture without adding a lot of weight to the space. (via Monsters Circus)
11. DIY Copper Plant Holder: Lulu & Georgia’s Geometric Candle Holders ($98) add some nice mood lighting, but air plants pose zero fire hazard and last a lot longer. Rock the copper and geometric trend with this easy Himmeli-inspired DIY project. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Pom Pom Basket: Whether you’re headed to the market or the beach, these Pom Pom Baskets ($64) are so much fun. Personalize your own baskets with lots and lots of giant, fluffy pom poms. Maybe even spray paint your basket metallic, or paint on a pattern for double wow. (via Toovia)
13. DIY Agate Slice Coasters: Can you believe you can actually hack this Blue Agate Coaster Set ($45) with some inexpensive agate slices and gold leaf? Your #flatlay Instagram snaps just got way more stylish. (via Brit + Co)
Which decor hack is your favorite? For more easy + creative home decor ideas, make sure you follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.