13 Breakfast Casseroles to Make Ahead When You’re Short on Time
Breakfast is important — we get it. Throughout the week, while trying to make wise and healthy choices, we take pleasure in digging our spoons into warm and comforting breakfast bowls. On busier mornings, we take advantage of our tried-and-true bars and muffins to get a dose of feelgood. But by the time the weekend rolls around, we’re oh-so ready to devour a gooey breakfast sandwich. That’s fine and dandy if you’re flying solo, but what if you have multiple mouths to feed? These 13 make-ahead breakfast casseroles are a brilliant way to cook big, stress less and spend more time sipping mimosas.
1. Corned Beef Breakfast Hash: This robust hash is pretty versatile. It’s perfect for make-ahead meals, and it’s a great casserole to dig into if you’re hosting a brunch party. A big tasty scoop of this good stuff will give you a nicely balanced breakfast and keep everyone satisfied. (via Fed and Fit)
2. Cheesy Sausage, Spinach and Tater Tot Casserole: You don’t have to be in the second grade to enjoy the golden crispy crunch of the humble tater tot. This breakfast casserole is full of fun goodies, including hearty sausage, stringy cheese and lots of greens. (via NeighborFood)
3. Banana Bread Breakfast Casserole: If you find yourself torn between breakfast or dessert, just have both. This sweet and satisfying casserole even lets you use up leftovers, like overripe bananas and old bread. With very little prep, this dish will easily become one of your faves. (via Simply Stacie)
4. Healthy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole: This nourishing crockpot breakfast is the ideal “set it and forget it” meal, and it leaves you with leftovers, so you’re set for days. It’s hearty enough to fill you up as a quick weeknight dinner, but won’t weigh you down at brunch. (via Apple of My Eye)
5. Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole: Even if you’re not a big breakfast person, this veggie-filled casserole will change your mind. BBQ tempeh replaces the usual bacon, while vegan cheese brings the cheesiness that *every* casserole needs. (via Vegan Heaven)
6. Chicken and Waffles Casserole: If there’s one breakfast that screams #TreatYoSelf, it’s this one. Chicken and waffles is a Southern classic, so if sweet and savory is your thing, then you need this on your plate *stat.* (via Frugal Mom, Eh!)
7. Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole: Not only is this scrumptious breakfast casserole an easy make-ahead meal, but it’s super customizable too. Replace the sausage with ham, or pack it with veggies and make it a vegetarian dish. This is your breakfast — you do you. (via Fresh April Flours)
8. Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole: Potato lovers, this one’s for you. Whether you’re having a brunch party or just treating the family to a little something special, this dish is top notch. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
9. Goat Cheese and Sausage Breakfast Casserole: If you have stale bread kickin’ around, this is the *only* way to use it. This tangy and comforting casserole brings hearty sausage, tangy goat cheese and herbaceous rosemary to the table to comfort you on chilly fall days. (via Fashion Edible)
10. Cheesy Sausage Grits Casserole: This casserole is a tasty play on a Southern fave. If you’re hosting brunch anytime soon, you must add this gooey casserole to your menu. It’s easy to throw together and bake, which means you get more time to sip mimosas and Bloody Marys. WIN. (via Ready to Yumble)
11. Caramel Apple French Toast Casserole: Caramel apples pack all of the deeply sweet and tart flavors we love about fall into one bite. With that in mind, bringing these flavors to the breakfast table would seems like a pipe dream, but it gets done with this magical breakfast bake. (via Lemon Tree Dwelling)
12. Mediterranean Spinach and Feta Breakfast Bake: We absolutely love the healthy and flavorful components of a Mediterranean salad. Spinach and feta forever, please. Now you can enjoy it twice as much in a healthy breakfast bake with eggs. (via Made by Melissa Lee)
13. Cheesy Breakfast Casserole: We’ll sign up for cheesy anything, but this particular breakfast casserole has our hearts fluttering. No one can deny sausage-y, potato-y and cheesy goodness; this is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. (via Damn Delicious)
Want more quick + delicious breakfast ideas? Follow us on Pinterest!