7 Beauty Essentials to Keep Stashed in Your Purse on Valentine’s Day
Picture this: You’re halfway through Valentine’s Day dinner when you take a quick trip to the bathroom mirror, only to spot — gasp — an angry, red blemish (the only red you *don’t* want to be seeing that day). In the grand scheme of things it might not seem like much, but there’s no arguing that it can be a bit of a bummer when you’re all dolled up with romantic date night makeup (no small feat). Luckily for you, this momentary concern can be solved in a flash, thanks in no small part to the contents of your purse. This Valentine’s Day we’re going out prepared, stocking our clutches with a few makeup essentials for any and all possible blunders. Scroll on for the seven products you won’t want to be without, whatever your February 14 plans might be.
1. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer ($28): Spotted a blemish halfway through your dinner date? No problem! Whip out this handy little concealer for a spot treatment on the go. The doe-footed applicator and blend-able formula make this concealer a particularly great choice to keep in your purse at all times.
2. Burt’s Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm ($4): Don’t let the cold weather get you down. Instead, keep your pout moisturized with an ultra-conditioning lip balm like this travel-friendly option.
3. NYX Cosmetics Cream Blush ($7): Giving your cheeks a long-lasting pop of color has never been easier. This blush comes in an array of colors, and its creamy formula can easily be swept onto the apples of your cheeks using only your fingers.
4. Hourglass Travel Size Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick ($10): You can’t go wrong with a dark red lip for Valentine’s Day, and the fiery pigment has never been easier to achieve than with this handy liquid lipstick. The formula provides some serious (and long-lasting) color to your pout.
5. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara ($9): No matter what your plans might be come February 14, it never hurts to give your lashes a little boost. Voluminous lashes won’t be an issue when you’ve got this beauty at your disposal. The big brush and dark formula will add definition, so your eyes are guaranteed to be the star of the show.
6. Glossier Boy Brow ($16): Your brow game will always be on point with the use of this tinted brow gel. Not only is the applicator super simple to use, but it also comes in a travel-friendly size that allows you to carry it around for constant touch-ups.
7. Boscia Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6): Your makeup looks gorgeous, so don’t let oily skin mess up your hard work. These peppermint-infused blotting linens are a great option for blotting away excess oil throughout the night, without ever messing up your makeup.
Show us what you’ll be keeping in your clutch this Valentine’s Day by tagging us on Instagram @BritandCo!