When it comes to kitchen gadgets, the ones that get our vote are those special tools that make culinary creativity way easier. They’re the things that can help you turn an onion, can of beans, potatoes, and walnuts into an entire meal. And if you’re getting married soon, these are definitely the types of things you should be registering for! Lucky for you, we’ve teamed up with Target to make your registry process as smooth as ever.
Things like an immersion blender, food processor, and a good set of knives are all a must — as is our newest kitchen crush: the mandoline! A mandoline looks totally scary, but is actually pretty easy to use. Most come with four settings, allowing you to slice, dice, julienne, and slice some more. It’s great for making gratins, chips, veggie pastas, and the like. Who needs the music of a mandolin when you can have the a melodious meal made by a mandoline?! Too much? Okay fine ;)
Today we’re wearing our love of this slicer and dicer loud and proud, and gathered up seven recipes from the Brit + Co. archive that’ll help you flex your own mandoline muscles in the near future.
1. Noodleless Veggie Lasagna: First up, a healthy hack on one of our favorite comfort foods. Instead of noodles, we used zucchini, spaghetti squash, and carrots to make a healthier lasagna. The key here is definitely the crunchy carrot topping, instead of bread crumbs.
2. Beet Chips: For a vibrant and way better-for-you alternative to potato chips, just beet it. Each chip is packed with flavor as well as tons of detox-supporting nutrients.
3. Skinny Butternut Squash Lasagna Cups: Seems to be theme here, don’t you think? Turns out mandolines are your best friends for making unhealthy foods healthier. These lasagna cups are no exception, and they also employ another one of our besties: the muffin pan!
4. Gluten-Free Zucchini Pancakes: Next up, a brunch-ready breakfast made for your gluten-free friends. With just four ingredients (zucchini, cornmeal, eggs, and avocado), you can make your own short stack of savory goodness.
5. Sweet Potato Chips: Another chip alternative that can go sweet or savory depending on what dipping sauces you use. For savory, dip it into a lemon garlic aioli, For sweet, a drizzle of honey is divine.
6. No-Cook Veggie Pasta: One of our favorite go-to lunch tricks, you don’t even need to cook this yummy pasta! Gather up zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers, yellow peppers, and carrots, and mix up your best fresh pesto, and you’re good to go.
7. Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free Lasagna: Finally, we’ve got one more lasagna hack for you. If you’re lasagna-ed out, then you need to check out this recipe for the lemon-pignoli faux ricotta alone! Nom.
Which of these recipes will you try out? What other kitchen gadgets are a must in your kitchen? Talk to us in the comments below.
This post is a collaboration with Target Wedding Registry.