9 Mason Jar Recipes That AREN’T Salad
We’ve all seen the mason jar salad over and over. But that’s got us wondering: What else could be eaten out of this incredible multi-purpose jar? We’ve uncovered recipes for every time of the day, from overnight oatmeal for breakfast to cool cheesecake for dessert and everything else in between. See below for some of our favorite cute and travel-friendly finds.
1. No-Bake Mason Jar Cheesecakes: Perfect for a picnic, these berry-licious cheesecakes don’t even require you to turn on the oven. Layer graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake and plump berries for the cutest dessert you’ve ever seen. (via Brit + Co)
3. Lasagna in a Jar: Living alone is great, but it can be hard to justify making a whole batch of homemade lasagna when you get a craving. Mason jar to the rescue! Noodles, pasta and cheese all bake together for this single-serving comfort food. (via The Food in My Beard)
4. Superfood Burrito: As much as we love Chipotle burritos, sometimes we crave a lighter option. Enjoy all the same flavors with quinoa swapped in for the rice and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. (via Wake the Wolves)
5. Minty Yogurt Parfaits With Chickpeas and Raisins: Traditional yogurt parfaits get a makeover in this savory version. Chickpeas add even more protein and fiber to this meal and the mint makes it a great snack as summer comes to an end. (via From the Land We Live On)
6. Sweet and Spicy Chili With Cornbread Topping: This travel-sized chili and cornbread will be perfect for your next tailgate. Just fill the jars with chili, spoon up some cornbread batter, bake it and warm up with a little heat and a little sweet. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
7. Gluten-Free Macaroni and Cheese: If you ask us, you can never have too many cheesy dishes. Made with gluten-free pasta, grated cheese and a homemade sauce, this single-serving meal is great for a quick lunch or dinner. (via Fancy Ashley)
8. Blueberry and Fig Overnight Oatmeal: It’s still too hot to stand over a stove in most parts of the country. Instead, you can combine oats, figs, chia seeds and blueberries together for a protein- and fiber-packed breakfast. (via Almost Getting It Together)
9. DIY Instant Noodle Cup: Skip the ramen and make your own healthier version of an instant noodle cup. Place all your ingredients in a jar, add hot water when you’re ready for lunch, let it sit for a few minutes and enjoy. (via The Kitchn)
What are your favorite non-salad mason jar recipes? Let us know below in the comments.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)