We’ve all seen the mason jar salad over and over. But that’s got us wondering: What else could be eaten out of this incredible multi-purpose jar? We’ve uncovered recipes for every time of the day, from overnight oatmeal for breakfast to cool cheesecake for dessert and everything else in between. See below for some of our favorite cute and travel-friendly finds.
1. No-Bake Mason Jar Cheesecakes: Perfect for a picnic, these berry-licious cheesecakes don’t even require you to turn on the oven. Layer graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake and plump berries for the cutest dessert you’ve ever seen. (via Brit + Co)
3. Lasagna in a Jar: Living alone is great, but it can be hard to justify making a whole batch of homemade lasagna when you get a craving. Mason jar to the rescue! Noodles, pasta and cheese all bake together for this single-serving comfort food. (via The Food in My Beard)
4. Superfood Burrito: As much as we love Chipotle burritos, sometimes we crave a lighter option. Enjoy all the same flavors with quinoa swapped in for the rice and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. (via Wake the Wolves)
5. Minty Yogurt Parfaits With Chickpeas and Raisins: Traditional yogurt parfaits get a makeover in this savory version. Chickpeas add even more protein and fiber to this meal and the mint makes it a great snack as summer comes to an end. (via From the Land We Live On)
6. Sweet and Spicy Chili With Cornbread Topping: This travel-sized chili and cornbread will be perfect for your next tailgate. Just fill the jars with chili, spoon up some cornbread batter, bake it and warm up with a little heat and a little sweet. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
7. Gluten-Free Macaroni and Cheese: If you ask us, you can never have too many cheesy dishes. Made with gluten-free pasta, grated cheese and a homemade sauce, this single-serving meal is great for a quick lunch or dinner. (via Fancy Ashley)
8. Blueberry and Fig Overnight Oatmeal: It’s still too hot to stand over a stove in most parts of the country. Instead, you can combine oats, figs, chia seeds and blueberries together for a protein- and fiber-packed breakfast. (via Almost Getting It Together)
9. DIY Instant Noodle Cup: Skip the ramen and make your own healthier version of an instant noodle cup. Place all your ingredients in a jar, add hot water when you’re ready for lunch, let it sit for a few minutes and enjoy. (via The Kitchn)
What are your favorite non-salad mason jar recipes? Let us know below in the comments.