Weekday mornings can be rough. Between getting kiddos ready for school, last-minute presentation prep, hitting the snooze button a few too many times and a million other reasons, breakfast can easily fall by the wayside. And a wholesome AM meal? Forget about it. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Bookmark these 15 quick and easy recipes to help your mornings get off to a healthy, not harried, start. Featuring a selection of make-ahead choices (for those planners out there) to dishes that cook up in the microwave in just minutes, these delish eats will help your sunrise stress level go way down.
1. Microwave-Poached Eggs With Mushrooms, Hummus and Dukkah: Poached eggs causing you more trouble than tranquility? Try out this foolproof hack for cooking them using a microwave in just 60 seconds. As an added bonus, this entire balanced brekkie is ready in under 10 minutes. (via Delicious Everyday)
4. Peanut Butter Puff Cereal (Vegan): Upgrade a childhood cereal fave with these peanut-buttery puffs made with an assortment of alternative gluten-free flours. They also make a super tasty snack! (via Vegan Does It)
6. Deep Dish Peanut Butter Cup Pancake: There’s no need to stand over the stove flipping these flapjacks. They bake up in the oven or the microwave, leaving you free to get ready to start your day in the meantime. (via The Nutritious Kitchen)
7. Eggs in a Nest: This is a super-cute and super-quick way to cook up eggs and toast in the morning. Simply add a few microwavable sausage links or bacon slices for a more meaty spread. (via Brit + Co)
10. French Toast in a Mug: It’s a cinch to customize each mugful whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just yourself. Mix in anything from nuts to dried fruit to chocolate chips for a unique taste experience. (via Jelly Toast)
11. Berry Smoothie Cubes: Keep a batch of these smoothie cubes in your icebox for awesome grab-and-go breakfasts during the week. Pop a few in your travel mug, and by the time you get to the office they’ll be ready for sippin’. (via Brit + Co)
14. Overnight Strawberry Quinoa Parfait: Tired of the same old bowl of overnight oats? Switch things up by putting leftover steamed quinoa to use in this game-changing, triple-strawberry parfait. (via The Seasoned Mom)
15. Easy Eggs and Veggies: A little advance planning makes this healthy veggie hash anything but a hassle. Stash baggies filled with your preferred mix of veggies in the fridge, add a skillet, eggs and a few minutes on the stovetop to the equation and you’re good to go. (via Pip and Ebby)
What are some of your favorite healthy breakfast dishes for busy mornings? Share yours with us below!