21 Chic Looks for Your Mid-Length ‘Do
We have a conundrum: What exactly is mid-length hair? It seems to mean many things to many people, so in the interest of ease (and options), we’re gonna go for a broader spectrum — from the tops of the shoulders to a few inches below the collarbone. If you’re trying to grow out an ill-informed short cut or re-negotiating your relationship with your bangs, you’re familiar with the awkward mid-length blues. Well, blues be gone! These 21 celebs prove mid-length looks are so super chic. Bring any of these pics to your hairdresser, and come out looking like the starlet you are.
3. The Grown-Out and Glam: Have you seen Liberal Arts? Looking forward to the new Avengers flick? The youngest Olsen sister is making her mark on the screen and the red carpet. We love her effortless look with grown-out roots and messy waves. (via Flicks and Bits)
4. To the Left… Side Part: We’re still trying our best to forgive Rashida Jones for ditching our fave BFF pair Ann Perkins and Leslie Knope. She reminds us why we heart her with a slightly off-set side part and a shiny, subtle ombre. (via Beauty Editor)
5. The Rough Chop: Alright, so we think Emma Stone is perfect and envy her ugh-so-perfect relationship with Andrew Garfield. We’ll be one step closer to emulating her with a long bang and piece-y layers. (via Vogue Spain)
8. The Girl-Next-Door: Maybe we haven’t left the frosted look in the ’90s after all? Though her One Tree Hill days are long behind her, Sophia is still inspiring us with a neutral pink lip and honey-streaked waves. (via Cosmopolitan)
9. Center Part, No Bangs: The Southern belle we love to hate in Hart of Dixie (Jamie King IRL) rocks platinum like no other with barely-there roots and sweeping-the-shoulders length. Sometimes even TV stars don’t have time to fix their color. (via Crush Beauty)
10. The Curly Girl: Curly girls have to work the mid-length look so it doesn’t take on a yield sign shape. Thandie Newton shows us lots of layers can keep the volume on top — where it belongs, thank you. (via Your Beauty 411)
14. The Red: A medium cut boosts the volume level from a long ‘do but, unlike a shorter cut, keeps it controllable. Christina Hendricks rocks volume and curls for red carpet-worthy style. (via The Sun)
16. The Rachel, Redux: So maybe we were planning this all along, but from 1994 to now, Jen’s hair game remains strong. Who needs Brad, or John Mayer for that matter, when you’ve got the ‘do to rule them all? (via Lipstiq)
20. The Cannes: Homegirl may be a certified genius (she just graduated from Brown, if you didn’t know), but she’s still the queen of the growing-it-out style. When we get tired of the pixie cut, she’ll be our inspiration. (via Just Jared)
Ready for a new ‘do? Share your plans for your next cut below!