This M&M's Christmas Cookie Bar Recipe Stands No Chance of Survival at Holiday Parties
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of Christmas M&M’s, plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and leave some overhang to make removal easier.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
Lower the speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
Add chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving M&M’s for topping cookie bars.
Press additional M&M’S onto top of cookie dough.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes on an oven rack in lower third of oven to prevent over-browning.
Let cool completely and cut.