Morning Buzz! Kim Kardashian Leaked the Video of Taylor Swift Giving Kanye West Permission for “Famous” + More
Happy Monday morning! From Kim Kardashian breaking the internet for REAL this time to another milestone for Lady Gaga, here are six of this morning’s buzziest news items to check out below.
1. Welp, this escalated quickly. If you’ve been following along with the Kim and Taylor drama that originated with Kanye’s song “Famous,” you’ll know that Kim’s frustration was mounting and that she was going to address it on this week’s Keeping Up With the Kardashians. She did, and then immediately after, she broke the Internet — for real this time. Kim and Kanye have always claimed that Taylor gave her blessing for the song (which contained offensive lyrics about her). Taylor says no such thing ever happened. Kim claimed she had proof. Taylor started dating Tom Hiddleston, which some think was a distraction from the whole thing. Then, after last night’s episode, Kim continued her multi-platform campaign and Snapchatted the phone conversation between Kanye and Taylor, in which she is heard thanking Kanye for respecting her enough to ask, and saying that if she was ever asked about it, she would say “joke’s on you guys; we’re fine.” Taylor immediately responded, claiming character assassination because she never actually gave approval to be called a “b***h” in the song, and the whole rest of the Internet responded too, including Khloe on Kim’s side and Selena Gomez on Taylor’s, to name just a few. Sometimes, drama’s just too good to look away from.
2. Olivia Wilde’s makeup-free baby bump update is too adorable. The actress posted a photo of herself hard at work in the kitchen making up some Sunday morning eggs with her growing bump front and center. She used the hatching chick emoji as a caption, which is just so perfect on a few levels, and later posted a pic of a bowl with the egg shells in it as “evidence” of the breakfast carnage. Weekend rituals FTW!
View this post on Instagram
Back to where it all began - Lake Como, Italy - first came here in 2007. A boat tour guide took us to a little spot on the lake and told us to make a wish. I asked for this to be the man I marry and have children with. I think John asked for the most perfect bite of cacio e pepe. Both came true, and here we are.
A post shared by chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) on
3. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend’s romantic throwback proves they were made for each other. Goals AF over here. Chrissy posted an Instagram of the two of them going back to a place that has a lot of meaning in their relationship. “Back to where it all began – Lake Como, Italy – first came here in 2007,” Chrissy begins. “A boat tour guide took us to a little spot on the lake and told us to make a wish. I asked for this to be the man I marry and have children with. I think John asked for the most perfect bite of cacio e pepe. Both came true, and here we are.” Five years after that, they’d also be married in Lake Como. This time they have sweet little Luna along for a gorgeous family vacay.
Ya I got pulled over. Big deal! I just haven't received plates yet for my new pick up! ¯_(ツ)_/¯
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) July 17, 2016
4. Lady Gaga has had her license for two weeks and already got pulled over. Honestly, same. Having just gotten her license, Gaga wasted no time getting out on the roads, and was pulled over this weekend for not having proper plates on her red Ford F150 (!). The temp plates are fine as long as the driver can show proof of ownership, so we’re sure she’s just fine. Another milestone in the books!
on Monday, July 18, 2016
5. Today we are all this bride whose groom kept right on going when she fell off the back of a bike. This video is honestly just full of Monday vibes. We will get back on that bike. Our “groom,” whatever it may be, will come back.
6. Quote of the day: “I’m horrified for the 3 cops in
#BatonRouge. I’m grateful I can still be horrified. ‘Cause we’re approaching apathy with these shootings.” Patton Oswalt hits the nail on the head with his response to the deadly weekend in Baton Rouge, LA.
What is your #MondayMotivation today? Chime in over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!