Ronda Rousey gets engaged and Game of Thrones teases its return in this morning’s top news tidbits. Check those and more out below!
1. Ronda Rousey and boyfriend Travis Browne are engaged! Browne proposed on the couple’s recent New Zealand vacation — under a freaking waterfall, no less! — because it “felt like the right place to do it,” he tells TMZ. In a pic of the couple getting cozy in public, Rousey flashed the giant rock, set on an understated band. Rousey said that she’d prefer to have the wedding soon, but since she has NO idea how to plan a wedding, she’s willing to play it by ear for now. Congrats to the happy couple!
2. Ivanka Trump won’t promote her new book out of an “abundance of caution.” Trump announced that due to government ethics that prevent her from using her official role for financial gain, she won’t be doing any appearances or press for Women Who Work. She also revealed that she’ll be donating profits from the book to charity, launching the Ivanka M. Trump Charitable Fund to “make grants to charitable organizations that support the economic empowerment for women and girls.” (via Facebook, photo via Win McNamee/Getty)
3. New Game of Thrones photos have arrived and they are INTENSE. 15 (!) new pics giving us a look at season seven were released on the official GoT blog and there are a lot of unexpected pairings and crossovers here. You can scroll through the Instagram selections above, or check them all out over here. Ughhh July, hurry UP!
4. The X-Files has been revived for 10 more episodes. A little more than a year after Fox initially revived the iconic ’90s sci-fi show, they’ve announced that 10 more episodes will make their way to TV sometime in the 2017-2018 TV season. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are both on board as Mulder and Scully, because the truth is, indeed, still out there, and who’s gonna find it if not them? (h/t Hollywood Reporter)
5. Katy Perry tried the Unicorn Frappuccino but spit it out because she “couldn’t handle drinking her own blood.” This drink is basically Perry personified, so she might be onto something. This probably won’t help the Unicorn Frap backlash any!
6. Quote of the day: “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” Words from Jane Goodall to keep in mind this upcoming Earth Day (Saturday, April 22). TGIF!
Are you going to miss the Unicorn Frappuccino when it’s gone? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Cindy Ord/Getty)