21 Make-Ahead Muesli Recipes to Start Your Day Off Right
A cross between oatmeal and granola, muesli is happily picking up speed stateside. Loaded with anything from whole grains to nuts and seeds to fruit and so much more, it’s a wholesome way to energize your day. These 21 recipes will have you stirring up your own house blend in no time at all! If you haven’t already, prepare yourself to fall in love with this make-ahead Swiss favorite.
1. Superfood Muesli (Gluten-Free): Use your favorite grains — rolled oats, flaked quinoa and flaked amaranth are all great choices — in this super(food) blend that’s boosted with chia and hemp seeds. (via Faring Well)
2. Rhubarb, Vanilla and Ginger-Spiced Bircher Muesli: Tangy rhubarb compote makes every bowlful taste like more of a treat, rather than the healthy, fiber-packed breakfast that it is. (via Jennifer Medhurst)
3. Raspberry, Yogurt and Muesli Breakfast Pops: These pops may be the ultimate way to enjoy a classic muesli combo of fruit, yogurt and grains on the go. Definitely a fantastic make-ahead breakfast to wake up to during sweltering summer months. (via Lush Loves)
4. Super Delicious Overnight Bircher Muesli: Stir oats together with grated apple, a duo of fruit juice and some yogurt the night before, and you’ll awake to this beauty. Just add your favorite fruit, nuts, more yogurt and a drizzle of honey, then dig in. (via What Should I Eat for Breakfast Today)
7. Super Seed Muesli With Hemp Milk (Paleo): This quick porridge is a great way to enjoy nutrient-packed seeds — six of them, to be exact. Enjoy it raw or cooked with a handful of berries sprinkled on top. (via Nutrition Stripped)
8. Banana Muesli Muffins With Muesli Streusel Topping: The crumbly muesli streusel makes these healthy muffins seem like your favorite coffee cake sans all of the fat. (via A Cookie Named Desire)
13. Apple Pie Muesli: An assortment of spices along with a couple scoops of chopped pecans take the flavor of this muesli to the next level, all without the use of refined sugar. (via The Spiced Life)
16. Sweet Muesli Pancakes: We love how these flapjacks fuse all the sweetness of our fave short stacks with the healthfulness of muesli. Plus, the combo of soft and crunchy textures that results is a delightful experience for the senses. (via Treat Yourself Sweeter)
19. Muesli With Rye Flakes and Christmas Spices: You don’t need to wait for the holidays to roll around to make this delicious blend of grains spiced with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cloves. (via Karla’s Nordic Kitchen)
Are you a fan of muesli? Have you come up with your own house blend, or a clever way to use it (e.g. in baked goods)? Let’s chat in the comments!