We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but heeding that advice is often easier said than done. And even if you pressed the snooze button one too many times, you can still get your day off to a good start if you keep a batch of these 21 delicious, make-ahead granolas on hand. Each is super easy to throw together, and packs a generous helping of whole-grain goodness for some serious staying power. Go ahead and start a new AM habit today!
1. Coconut Macaroon Granola (Gluten-Free): You’ve never had nuts, cranberries and oats quite like this before. The chewy coconut-macaroon-studded granola is just the right amount of brekkie and dessert in one meal. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
2. Coconut Walnut Sunflower Seed Granola (Paleo, Vegan): This protein-packed granola will keep you satisfied for hours. The trick to making huge clumps that everyone loves? An egg white plus a squeeze of honey. (via The Roasted Root)
5. Apricot and Coconut Granola Bars (Vegan, Gluten-Free): These bars are truly unique. They don’t just stop at the whole grain power of oats, but up the ante with nutty buckwheat and (cha-cha-cha) chia seeds. Enjoy it in bar form or crumbled atop a bowlful of yogurt or milk. (via 8th and Lake)
6. Best Basic Granola: This is a great, no-fail granola recipe to have in your back pocket. Switch things up by adding various mix-ins, or simply topping off a bowlful with whatever fruit is in season. (via French Press)
9. Maple Cinnamon Granola: A combo of maple, molasses and brown sugar give this cinnamon-y granola a delightfully unique sweetness. With pecans, almonds and sunflower seeds in every scoop, it just may remind you of a fave holiday pie… only with a fraction of the guilt. (via Beach House Kitchen)
10. Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Granola Bars: You’ll love the chocolate and banana flavors of these chewy bars. No doubt, your taste buds will be tricked into thinking each bite is far more indulgent than it actually is. (via Whole + Heavenly Oven)
11. Nutella Almond Granola: For a real special treat, sprinkle this Nutella granola over your next sundae. A scoop of our skinny two-ingredient banana chocolate ice cream is a perfect base, even for breakfast. (via Food Fanatic)
12. Cranberry Orange Granola: Made with just a smidgen of refined sugar to bring out all of the sunny, winter citrus flavors, this orange-zest-flecked granola is a healthy choice to brighten up your morning. (via Cookie and Kate)
14. Peanut Butter Banana Granola: If you enjoy eating bananas spread with a slick of peanut butter, try this recipe on for size. It features both ripe banana and banana chips, along with plenty of peanut butter, to transform the old standby into an even more portable snack. (via Mariah’s Pleasing Plates)
15. Maple Pecan Granola With Hemp Hearts (Gluten-Free): Packed with quinoa crisps, this gluten-free, protein-rich granola will wake you right up in the AM. Plus, it’s only sweetened with a bit of maple syrup, so you can munch on it all day long sans guilt. (via Cooking With Claudine)
16. Coconut Quinoa Granola: You’ll love how the duo of itty bitty grains of quinoa and chia seeds give this coco-nutty concoction an extra helping of fiber and protein power. (via The Stay at Home Chef)
18. Buckwheat Granola: Mashed banana makes every cluster of this oat-less buckwheat granola ever-so-slightly sweet. Not a fan of the yellow fruit? No worries, pumpkin or sweet potato puree work just as well. (via Food52)
19. Superfood Granola: This refined-sugar-free mix covers just about all of the superfood bases with goji berries, cacao nibs, chia seeds, hemp seeds and a spoonful of stress-fighting, energy-boosting maca powder. Talk about a super way to begin the day. (via An Unrefined Vegan)
21. Toasted Millet and Pecan Granola (Gluten-Free, Vegan): Millet is another fabulous, whole-grain oat alternative that just so happens to be gluten-free. It’s put to use here expertly, coated with maple syrup, vanilla and a blend of warm spices. (via The Frosted Vegan)
Share your favorite granola recipes and grab-and-go morning eats with us below!