10 New Year’s Eve Headbands Classier Than Your Average Party Hat
Sure, you could throw together an amazing New Year’s Eve outfit right down to your festive steppers and chic clutch, but why stop there? It’s the time of the season to Go. All. Out. Make an impact this year by donning a next-level hair accessory, like a sparkling crown, metallic bands and disco balls — yep, disco balls — nestled in your hair. Because you *can* rock a way cute headband on NYE that doesn’t say “2016” on it. Stand out from the crowd in one of these 10 party-ready headbands guaranteed to kick your look up a few notches.
1. Love Rocks Star Headband ($68): Count down to the new year and smooch your sweetie while wearing this beautiful starry headband. Play off its shimmer and sport a sparkly silver dress or a deep midnight blue gown to look as gorgeous as the night sky.
2. Liberty Crown ($88): Rolling up to your NYE party lookin’ like a queen? Check! This gold crown headband is adorned with beads and ribbon to make you the most regal lady in the room. It’s the perfect way to top off a glitzy A-line dress for feminine flair.
Bring the party — literally — by making this DIY disco-ball headband. Using a plastic headband, disco ball ornaments and superglue, you can create this totally amazing NYE-appropriate headpiece and light up the room. (via A Subtle Revery)
5. Crystal Braid Headband ($24): NYE ‘fits are all about the bling. This headband *delivers.* Beads and gems weave together in a metallic plait that gives off just the right amount of sparkle to complement wavy locks and a cutout dress.
7. Wrapped in Romance Hair Chain ($25): Rock princess vibes in an understated way with this elegant hair chain. Leave hair up or down (both are equally beautiful) and complete your look with a tea-length dress or a dramatic floor-sweeping maxi gown.
8. Christmas Pudding Spring Headband ($7): Sweeten up your look with this springy antennae headband. It’s the ideal playful piece to be chatting up your future beau at your BFF’s countdown bash.
Ringing in the new year wouldn’t be complete without these rad headbands. Follow this guide to spruce up your party attire and rock ’em with that slinky, sequined number you’ve been saving for the ball drop. (via Brit + Co)
10. Gem Headband ($23): You can never go wrong with sparkle. The deep emerald of this jeweled headband will pair gorgeously with an oxblood, silver or gold party dress and glossy bright red lip.