Make These No-Cook Recipes So You’re Not Stuck in the Kitchen
Labor Day is an occasion when we all get to kick back and enjoy the one holiday that calls for us to be lazy (thanks, Uncle Sam!). It goes without saying that you don’t want to spend your precious time slaving in a hot kitchen for your BBQ guests. Luckily, you don’t even need to turn your stove on to create a drool-worthy app, salad, or dessert. Whip up a few Labor Day spritzers to sip on and choose from these 13 no-cook recipes that pack maximum flavor for minimal effort.
1. Fresh Strawberry Crostini With Honey and Balsamic: Your strawberry bush will probably be overflowing by the time Labor Day gets here. Slice the ripest of the bunch and arrange them on top of a baguette with ricotta, honey, and basil. (via Eat Well 101)
2. Cheesecake Apple Salad Fluff: Chances are your grandma made something pretty similar to this, but with pistachio pudding and green food coloring — you know the one. Thankfully, this dessert salad has *way* better flavor and requires little more than the stir of a spoon. (via Crazy for Crust)
3. Chicken Cucumber Avocado Salad: Toss a rotisserie chicken with avocado, red onion, tomatoes, and cucumber with a simple lemon vinaigrette for a fresh and filling lettuce-free salad. (via Cafe Delites)
4. Classic Gazpacho: If you want to take gazpacho to another level, present it in shot glasses for an impressive hors d’oeuvre. Then simply serve it with a drizzle of sour cream and chopped scallions. (via Foodie Crush)
8. BLT Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados: If you’re only having a few people over for Labor Day fun, this creamy chicken salad is the perfect quick poolside lunch. Serve with your favorite chips and scoop right from the avocado. (via The Garlic Diaries)
9. No Bake Cookie Dough Bars: All we could ever ask for is a cookie dough dessert that requires no baking and is safe to eat raw. For Labor Day, try leaving the frosting white and decorate the bars with red, white, and blue sprinkles. (via A Mom’s Take)
10. No Bake Key Lime Eclair: Get that tangy key lime flavor you love without fussing with a custard and homemade graham cracker crust. Give yourself four hours to allow it to chill, and it’ll be ready just in time for dessert. (via Crazy for Crust)
12. Zucchini and Fresh Corn Farmers’ Market Salad With Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette: Make the most of the seasonal veggies by serving them raw to let their flavors shine. (via Foodie Crush)
13. Watermelon, Cucumber, and Feta Salad Cups: These watermelon cups are as equally refreshing as they are aesthetically pleasing. For a bit of variety, try drizzling half with a balsamic glaze. (via Cooking for Keeps)
Follow us on Pinterest for more cookout recipes!