8 No-Cook Dinner Recipes for Hot Summer Nights
When it’s 90+ degrees out, the last thing you want to do is fire up the oven. Did you know it’s totally possible to eat an Instagram-worthy dinner without turning up the heat? We rounded up 10 easy recipes that don’t require the oven at all, not even for a second. And, as a bonus, they’re all super quick and simple, so you can back to doing your fave summer activity… relaxing!
2. Vegan Summer Rolls: Go Thai with these colorful veggie-stuffed summer rolls. The peanut-coconut dipping sauce is full of flavor and only takes a few minutes to whip up. (via May I Have That Recipe)
3. Shirataki Noodles: If you don’t think Thai summer rolls are enough to hold you over, use them as an app for this noodle dish. It has way less carbs than pasta, and, since the noodles are so thin, it doesn’t take long to make. (via The Huffington Post)
4. Mexican Dinner in a Glass: If you're spending dinnertime in the park, pack this no-fuss meal. Layering lettuce, onions, tomatoes, peppers, salsa, sour cream and cheese makes it the perfect dip, or you can just dig in with a fork. (via Lavender and Lovage)
5. Cucumber and Bean Salad: This light meal is the perfect summer recipe that won't leave you feeling too stuffed. Using cucumbers as the core ingredient makes it super refreshing, and the chickpeas add a hearty serving of protein. (via Abundance on a Dime)
7. Nicoise Pan Bagnat: This is not the sad tuna sandwich you pack in a brown bag for work. This is a taste of what it's like to be a fabulous French woman. It's amazing how much of an upgrade a baguette and boiled eggs can bring to a sandwich. (via The Culinary Library)
8. Saffron Rice and Chutney Shrimp: What is essentially an easy New Orleans-style rice and shrimp dish is now packed with more flavor. The mangos, parsley and pinch of sugar give it an unexpected sweetness, toning down the spice.
Follow us on Pinterest for more recipe inspo!
This article has been updated from a previous post.