Get Hooked on These 17 Savory Shrimp Recipes
It was Bubba from Forrest Gump that said it best — you can make shrimp by frying, boiling, baking, sautéing, stir-frying, barbecuing… Basically, to sum it up, there are a million different ways to cook up shrimp and make it taste amazing. Whether you’re letting it shine as the star ingredient of a dish, or keeping it a wonderful, secret surprise, here are 17 delicious ways to cook shrimp.
1. Coconut Shrimp: This recipe combines sweet and savory to create a deliciously simple fried shrimp. With a Thai-inspired, easy-to-make dipping sauce on the side, this recipe is sure to win you over. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
5. Chorizo Shrimp Burger: Yup, you read that right! A fiery chorizo patty and garlic marinated shrimp team up in this flavor bomb of a burger. With tequila, cheese and a paprika mayo also on the ingredient list, this burger is a total fiesta in your mouth. (via Lady and Pups)
6. Lemon Basil Shrimp Risotto: The Pioneer Woman is the brains behind this beautiful summer risotto. The cheesy, creamy goodness of a classic risotto combines with fragrant basil and lemon zest for a fresh take on this luscious rice dish. (via Tasty Kitchen)
10. Grilled Shrimp in a Banana Leaf: Seal in lots of flavor by wrapping shrimp in banana leaf pouches. With herbs, spices and lime juice, your foodie friends will be impressed with more than just the presentation of this dish. (via My Recipes)
12. Summer Couscous With Shrimp: Need dinner in a jiffy? This wonderfully quick recipe combines sautéed veggies, fluffy couscous, vibrant spices and seared shrimp for a fast meal that’ll cook almost as quickly as you’ll eat it once it’s on the table. (via Olga’s Flavor Factory)
13. Po’ Boys: Try this po’ boy, a super stuffed sub hailing from New Orleans that was created to fill empty bellies on a tight budget. With seasoned shrimp, spicy mayo and crunchy French bread, this pick promises to pack a ton of flavor into each bite. (via Bev Cooks)
14. Moroccan Shrimp With Spinach: Fragrant spices and spinach surround shrimp in foil packets bursting with deliciousness. Make this quick meal for a healthy, yummy dinner that will satisfy any international eater. (via Gourmet Beauty)
15. Steak and Shrimp Kabobs: Fire up the grill and get to cookin’ these tasty steak + shrimp kabobs! A marinade with orange juice, soy sauce and ginger gives these skewers a little bit of sweet spice reminiscent of Asian cooking. (via Family Corner)
Any of this recipes have your mouth watering? Tell us which ones you’re going to try in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.