Get Hooked on These 17 Savory Shrimp Recipes
It was Bubba from Forrest Gump that said it best — you can make shrimp by frying, boiling, baking, sautéing, stir-frying, barbecuing… Basically, to sum it up, there are a million different ways to cook up shrimp and make it taste amazing. Whether you’re letting it shine as the star ingredient of a dish, or keeping it a wonderful, secret surprise, here are 17 delicious ways to cook shrimp.
1. Coconut Shrimp: This recipe combines sweet and savory to create a deliciously simple fried shrimp. With a Thai-inspired, easy-to-make dipping sauce on the side, this recipe is sure to win you over. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
5. Chorizo Shrimp Burger: Yup, you read that right! A fiery chorizo patty and garlic marinated shrimp team up in this flavor bomb of a burger. With tequila, cheese and a paprika mayo also on the ingredient list, this burger is a total fiesta in your mouth. (via Lady and Pups)
6. Lemon Basil Shrimp Risotto: The Pioneer Woman is the brains behind this beautiful summer risotto. The cheesy, creamy goodness of a classic risotto combines with fragrant basil and lemon zest for a fresh take on this luscious rice dish. (via Tasty Kitchen)
10. Grilled Shrimp in a Banana Leaf: Seal in lots of flavor by wrapping shrimp in banana leaf pouches. With herbs, spices and lime juice, your foodie friends will be impressed with more than just the presentation of this dish. (via My Recipes)
12. Summer Couscous With Shrimp: Need dinner in a jiffy? This wonderfully quick recipe combines sautéed veggies, fluffy couscous, vibrant spices and seared shrimp for a fast meal that’ll cook almost as quickly as you’ll eat it once it’s on the table. (via Olga’s Flavor Factory)
13. Po’ Boys: Try this po’ boy, a super stuffed sub hailing from New Orleans that was created to fill empty bellies on a tight budget. With seasoned shrimp, spicy mayo and crunchy French bread, this pick promises to pack a ton of flavor into each bite. (via Bev Cooks)
14. Moroccan Shrimp With Spinach: Fragrant spices and spinach surround shrimp in foil packets bursting with deliciousness. Make this quick meal for a healthy, yummy dinner that will satisfy any international eater. (via Gourmet Beauty)
15. Steak and Shrimp Kabobs: Fire up the grill and get to cookin’ these tasty steak + shrimp kabobs! A marinade with orange juice, soy sauce and ginger gives these skewers a little bit of sweet spice reminiscent of Asian cooking. (via Family Corner)
Any of this recipes have your mouth watering? Tell us which ones you’re going to try in the comments below!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.