Let the Games Begin! 20 Olympics Party Ideas
Remember two years ago when the Summer Olympics were in London and all we could talk about was Ryan Lochte’s grill, Ursain Bolt’s very fitting name, and Gabrielle Douglas just impressing the crap out of us? Well, get ready for a whole new round of inspiration of the snowier and colder variety.
While they perform their hearts out, we’ll be toasting them with food, drinks, and medal-worthy merrymaking. Enough talk. Let the party-planning games begin.
1. Cheetos Torch: This is by far the best and easiest Olympic torch we’ve ever seen. Buy ice cream cone, fill with cheesy puffs, hand to friends, listen to the crowd go wild. (via Living Well Spending Less)
2. Gold, Silver, Bronze Hot Chocolate Bar: Considering the temps over in Russia, a hot chocolate bar seems like a must… especially if you plan on keeping the theme gold, silver, and bronze and spiking those cups with Goldschlager. (via Hostess with The Mostess)
6. Veggies in Gold Tins: In case seeing all those ripped bods has you thinking twice about picking up another ice cream sandwich, fill the gap with super-athlete-approved roughage. (via Moore Minutes)
7. Figure-Skating-Inspired Dress ($106): If you’re like us, you’ve always wanted to wear a figure skating costume… not to mention wanting to be able to do a triple axel without batting an eye. This is the closest most of us will get. We’re sure your friends will appreciate you reenacting highlights TV-side while wearing this.
13. Stir Sticks ($59): And to stir those medal-winning drinks?
16. Oreo Medals: Because all of your friends are winners in your book, you will present them with gold Oreo medals. And yes, that is a Fruit By The Foot ribbon thank you very much. (via Life Is Better Messy Anyway)
18. Flag Eyes: Do you guys remember this totally incredible fashion shoot done by Swedish fashion retailer NK for the 2012 Summer Olympics? It’s still fresh in our mind. And we’re going to try to recreate this look with a more Americana angle. (via Trend Hunter)
20. Go USA Knit Gloves ($14): Best. Party favor. Ever.
Are you throwing a Olympic-sized party? Let us know in the comments below!