One-Pan Cheesy Jalapeño Lime Chicken
Say hello to our new favorite weeknight meal! Check out this simple one-pan recipe for cheesy + spicy chicken. #perduefreshcuts
Serves 2-4, depending on how much you want to make!
PERDUE® FRESH CUTS™ THIN SLICED Chicken Breasts
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon mild chili flakes
½ teaspoon dried minced onion
3 limes, halved- reserve for zest
3 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
½ red onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic minced
2 jalapeños, seeds removed and sliced lengthwise into strips
2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (fresh corn works as well)
1 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
Chopped fresh cilantro and green onions for garnish
- Mix together spices (chili powder, oregano, kosher salt, ground cumin, chili flakes, lime zest, black pepper, dried minced onion) in a small bowl. Sprinkle and massage spice mixture into all sides of chicken in container.
- Heat large oven-safe skillet over MED-HIGH heat. Add lime halves to pan and char on cut side for 2-3 minutes. Remove to a plate. Rinse pan if necessary.
- Add 2 ½ Tablespoons of the vegetable oil to the hot pan and let heat through until shimmering.
- Add chicken pieces to the hot pan, being careful not to overcrowd the pan (you may need to do 2-3 batches, depending on the size of your pan). Cook about 3 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through, 170 degrees internally, then remove to plate.
- Move oven rack to the upper third part of the oven and preheat broiler to HIGH.
- Add remaining 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil and then red onion and cook for 2-3 mins, then the garlic for 1 minute. Next, add the jalapeño slices and lastly the corn. Cook, stirring often, about 2-3 minutes until corn begins to lightly brown.
- Add chicken back to the pan on top of the veggies. If the pan seems too carmelized, you can add ½ cup of water and let it deglaze the pan. Let the water evaporate almost entirely before you add the cheese.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and broil for about 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- When it is hot out of the oven, squeeze one of the lime halves on top of the whole dish. Garnish with fresh cilantro and green onion and serve with the charred lime halves.