15 Delicious Whole30 Poultry Recipes to Make Tonight
Lifestyles that involve eating minimally processed foods go by many names. Paleo, Whole30 and clean eating are just a few of the most popular titles given to this way of life. When it comes to eating clean, sometimes you want a Whole30- or Paleo-friendly alternative to your favorite off-limits meal. Other times you want a super-clean dinner, without any sugar, legumes, grains or dairy. In both cases, though, you’re probably going to need some delicious, well-prepared meals featuring your favorite: Chicken, turkey and other poultry. Here are 15 Whole30-approved poultry recipes to inspire your cooking.
1. Teriyaki Chicken Skewers: Teriyaki sauce got you worried about sugar? Don’t be! This all-natural sauce is sweetened only with dates, making these chicken skewers completely Paleo- and Whole30-approved. (via My Natural Family)
2. Pulled Duck With Plum Sriracha Sauce: Pulled meats are notorious for melting in your mouth, and this recipe is no exception. There are a few items in the sauce you may want to swap out if you’re strictly following the Whole30. We recommend coconut aminos as a substitute for soy sauce. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
3. Easy Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken: Chicken, Whole30-compliant chipotle sauce, limes and peaches are all you need to create this absolutely *heavenly* dish. Nothing plays up the flavors of chicken quite like these ingredients. (via Flavour and Savour)
4. Clean Eating Lemon Chicken: This super-clean chicken recipe will give you something delicious to look forward to at the end of the day. PRO TIP: Use coconut, einkorn, almond or another gluten-free flour to give the chicken a light, healthy crust. (via My Natural Family)
5. Turkey and Spinach Stuffed Sweet Potatoes: Anyone who’s done the Whole30 before knows that sweet potatoes are KING. This recipe makes good use of them, stuffing them with hearty turkey and nutrient-dense spinach. PRO TIP: Wrap them in tinfoil before baking to cut down on cooking time. (via PaleOMG)
6. Mango Chicken With Coconut Cauliflower Rice: Yes, you read that right — coconut cauliflower rice! This high-protein, low-carb meal is the perfect alternative to unhealthy (and definitely not clean) takeout chicken. (via Food Faith Fitness)
7. Duck With Raspberry Sauce: Duck isn’t for everyone… it has a slightly gamey and fatty flavor. If you love the taste of real, unprocessed meat, though, you’re *sure* to love it. This recipe with tart, flavorful raspberry sauce is the PERFECT meal for the daring and would-be duck lovers. (via PaleoLeap)
8. Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Cashew Chicken: One of the best things about Thai food is that it’s actually super low-carb (just skip the rice!). This coconut curry is perfect for cool fall evenings — and it’s super simple to make too! (via Slow Cooker from Scratch)
9. Cilantro and Lime Chicken: Looking for a simple way to make mouthwatering chicken? This recipe is for you. Save on dishes and mess by using just one skillet to transport your chicken from the stovetop to the oven. (via PaleoLeap)
10. Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps: Once you go the way of lettuce taco wraps, you may never go back. No, they don’t taste exactly like traditional tacos, but they’re so much lighter and healthier. And they still taste totally delish — the flavor is in the meat, veggies and seasonings. (via Cooking Classy)
11. Caramelized Onion Rosemary Chicken Thighs: If you’ve been eating primal for any length of time, you’ll know that it’s important to use the ENTIRE animal in your cooking. This chicken thigh recipe makes perfect use of your locally raised chicken. Bonus points for using the bones afterward to make a nutritious bone broth. (via My Food Story)
12. Buffalo Chicken Meatballs: Spaghetti squash forms the base of this spaghetti-and-meatball like dish. To prepare your spaghetti squash, we recommend baking it in the oven first, and then combing with a fork to separate into spaghetti-like strings. (via PaleOMG)
13. Zucchini Noodles With Turkey Bolognese: Craving some meaty pasta? Make this super-healthy dish instead. It’s made with zoodles (zucchini noodles, for those who don’t know) and ground turkey for the ultimate lean indulgence. (via Just a Taste)
14. Paleo Turkey Sweet Potato Chili: This warming chili is perfect for fall, and it’s especially perfect for those following a Paleo or Whole30 eating plan. For extra nutrition, leave the skin on your sweet potatoes (just be sure to give them a good wash first!). (via Kalyn’s Kitchen)
15. Sweet Potato Turkey Burger: All you need to make this delicious and extra-healthy burger is sweet potato, ground turkey, spinach and seasonings. For bonus healthy points, wrap these babies in lettuce instead of buns. (via Dashing Dish)
We’ve got plenty of other Whole30 and Paleo-friendly recipes on our Pinterest page!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)