Goodbye, hearty soups and casseroles; hello, spring salads. If you’ve long been a fan of salad for lunch, but rarely think of having it for dinner, panzanella is going to change your life. In Italy, this tasty Tuscan dish calls for day-old bread, but you can pan grill or toast your croutons in the oven before soaking them in a zingy dressing that’s rich with the juices of fresh tomatoes. Here are 14 panzanella salad recipes that elevate a humble bowl of greens to *main meal* status.
3. Panzanella Style Caprese Asparagus Salad: This salad is a riff on the simple Caprese, adding avocado and toasty bread to that classic trio of ripe tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella we’ve all come to love. (via Half Baked Harvest)
4. Muffuletta Panzanella for Two: This salad is piled high with salami, mortadella, spicy sopressata, provolone, mozzarella, and spicy briny olives. It’s like a classic New Orleans muffuletta sammy in a bowl. (via Pinch and Swirl)
8. Panzanella Salad With Cherry Tomatoes, Figs, and Corn: Creamy goat cheese paired with crunchy bread is the real star of this show. (via Things I Made Today)
9. Vegan Cornbread Panzanella: This vegan cornbread panzanella is everything you want it to be: zesty, garlicky, and crunchy. The cornbread cubes remain fork-tender in the middle so you can really taste that sweet corn goodness. (The Full Helping)
12. One-Pan Roasted Butternut Squash and Chicken Dinner: Squash and bread cook together in one pan for minimal cleanup. (via Foodie Girl Chicago)
13. Summer IPA Panzanella Salad: You’ll kick things off the old-fashioned way with this salad, toasting bread cubes from a stale baguette, then add a savory sauce spiked with beer to bring it back to life again. (via The Beeroness)
14. Breakfast Panzanella: This salad delivers on breakfast for dinner in the most delicious way. The basil and tomatoes are a sweet reminder that warmer weather is just around the corner. (via CaliGirl Cooking)
If you love these delicious dinner ideas, follow us on Pinterest for more recipes.