With your super thoughtful Father’s Day present (hopefully) already in the mail, this weekend’s crafting projects can be all about y-o-u. Whether you’re in need of a cheap summer clothing hack or a gorgeous new piece of statement jewelry, here are ten projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Trellis Clothing Rack: Set this up next to your front door for some minimal yet super practical organization. (via Fall For DIY)
2. Emoji Perler Bead Coasters: We repeat: emoji coasters! Keep that coffee table safe from coaster rings with these adorable emoji- and fruit-themed coasters. (via Brit + Co)
3. Wrapped Crop Top: Here’s a summer upcycle FTW. Grab a large men’s shirt from the thrift store and transform it into the perfect crop top. Click through to see all the different ways this blogger styles the wrapped crop. (via The Felted Fox)
4. Dino Planter: Stoked for those weekend plans to see Jurassic Park? Steal one of your kiddo’s old dinosaur toys, carve a hole in its back (sorry, Mr. Dino) and pop in an air plant. (via Brit + Co)
5. Foam Stamps: No need to expertly carve wood blocks to create custom stamps. All you need is a pen and some foam to get printing. (via Lil Blue Boo)
6. Pineapple Planter: Cover a terra-cotta pot with air dry clay to give the planter its pineapple shape. Then simply paint and pop in a succulent. (via Lines Across)
7. Ottoman Upcycle: Don’t be intimidated by reupholstering — it’s really not as hard as it looks. Don’t believe us? Give this fun thrift store hack a try. (via Brit + Co)
8. Colorblocked Soap: In need of a super cheap housewarming present? Package these colorful soaps in some cute, custom wrapping and call it a day. (via Brit + Co)
9. Magnetic Ironing Board: Nobody likes ironing. Make the tedious task a little more efficient by creating this convenient board that sticks to the top of your washer so you can just get it over with ASAP. (via A Beautiful Mess)
10. Clay and Tassel Necklace: This super expensive-looking necklace is actually made mostly from clay and embroidery thread. (via Darby Smart)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.