6 Cleverly Designed Pieces of Portable Furniture
The art of the folding chair has gone way beyond those terrible metal pieces that we all know and cringe at. We’ve already shared our favorite innovations in the world of convertible furniture, and now we’re turning our attention to furniture you can actually carry round, when you’re on the go. And no, we’re not just talking about camping chairs ;)
1. Nomadic Chair: This gorgeous piece of furniture is a chair that you can carry as a backpack. It’s handmade and manages to complement the natural environment, rather than the brightly colored polyester folding chairs you’re used to seeing in the outdoors.
2. Carry On: This little barrel is a stool that’s designed to allow you to sit wherever you like. It almost looks like a little ice bucket that’s been upholstered. We love all the poppy colors it comes in, and the idea that you can pick it up on your way to a meeting. These would be great to keep in an office lounge area.
3. Plunk Desk: Next up, the desk that inspired this whole roundup! It’s a standing desk that folds into a suitcase, meaning you can take your working desk station anywhere you want. Now, if only that suitcase had wheels… ;)
4. WIKL Stool: Doesn’t this look like a scarf wrapped around a mini saw horse or something? Maybe you could even make something like this yourself. We love that it also looks like a purse with legs.
6. Cutting Table No. 1: Last, this cardboard table is also one that fits right in a cardboard suitcase. Cleverly placed slats mean you can build this thing in a matter of minutes, and with no additional tools.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)