Power Hair Is the Only Beauty Trend You Need to Know for Spring
Runway hair usually hits the ends of the style spectrum: either a #basic blowout or OTT tresses that are completely unwearable. But this spring at NYFW, something new was definitely in the (h)air. Boss lady “power hair” was trending nonstop. We’re talking styles that scream poise and confidence along the lines of sleek ponies, slicked-back tresses, and fabulous fringe bangs that refuse to go unnoticed. Get the lowdown on the best #powerhair looks for spring below.
1. Crossovers: Bored with your same old topknot? Switch it up with this fun twist called a crossover. The best part? It takes less than five minutes to pull off and you’ll look powerful enough to command any room. Watch how here.
2. Blunt Bang: YAS, the blunt bangs that were huge in your childhood are back. This time they actually are cool though, swearsies.
3. Sleek Low Ponies: Lazy gals, rejoice. There’s no need to blowout your hair every day when you could go for a fun low pony instead. Style it with a pretty ribbon or braid, or twist a section of your hair around the pony for a built-in accessory that always looks ahmazing.
4. The Slick Back: Bring on the wax and leave-in conditioner, because stars including Kim Kardashian, Ellie Goulding, and Rihanna are embracing the slicked-back hair trend. If you’re brave enough to try it out, we’ll just get outta your way. You go, lady.
5. Swept Away: Another bold style that’s major for a future HBIC? Exaggerated sideswept bangs. Side sweeps look incredible and command attention. Start with a serious side part and don’t be afraid to load up on product to keep it in place so you can live your best life.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring hair inspo!