11 (Pretty) Scary Costume Ideas
As we found when we started trolling the web for Halloween makeup, there are some seriously scary costumes out there. Like, scarier than watching the Exorcist when you’re only 9. For real. But, there are some scary costumes that give you the chills without giving you nausea, and we’ve rounded up 11 of them. And yes, there will be zombies :)
1. Zombie Hipster Prom King: Prom kings can be hipsters too, and zombies! The key here is clearly the man fanny pack (manny pack?).
2. Maleficent: You can never go wrong with a timeless villain. This take on Maleficent makeup is gorgeous, deadly, and definitely gives us chills.
3. Half Man Half Woman: Go for the Dr. Jekyll/Ms. Hyde look by being two genders in one. The half tuxedo in this one is particularly impressive.
4. Dark Bride and Groom: We’ve gotta hand it to Christina for this one, she wears darkness beautifully.
5. Vampire: Just because the Twilight saga is over doesn’t mean that vampires are out of style… yet. Go for a more classic vampire look by following this tutorial.
6. Burton’s Doll: Creepy dolls are definitely creepy, and the lashes on this one definitely push us over the edge.
7. Chucky: Did Chucky give you nightmares as a kid? This cute but deadly looking take on the most evil doll from the ’80s and ’90s is a good way to give your friends a scare.
8. One Bad Bride: Those eyes – so good and so scary at the same time. Love this sort of modern take on the bride of Frankenstein.
9. Frankie Stein: Speaking of old Frankenstein, you don’t have to drive a metal bar through your head to channel your inner monster this Halloween. Green makeup, a stitch or two, and you’re good to go.
10. Serious Skeleton: Going for a skeleton? Let this beautiful pictorial serve as inspiration, and be sure to by lots and lots of white and black face paint.
11. Modern Cruella de Ville: And last, inspiration straight from Vogue. This Cruella de Ville is fierce as the dickens.
What are you dressing up as this year? Will you go for the scary costume or the funny one? Talk to us in the comments below.