11 (Pretty) Scary Costume Ideas
As we found when we started trolling the web for Halloween makeup, there are some seriously scary costumes out there. Like, scarier than watching the Exorcist when you’re only 9. For real. But, there are some scary costumes that give you the chills without giving you nausea, and we’ve rounded up 11 of them. And yes, there will be zombies :)
2. Maleficent: You can never go wrong with a timeless villain. This take on Maleficent makeup is gorgeous, deadly, and definitely gives us chills.
3. Half Man Half Woman: Go for the Dr. Jekyll/Ms. Hyde look by being two genders in one. The half tuxedo in this one is particularly impressive.
4. Dark Bride and Groom: We’ve gotta hand it to Christina for this one, she wears darkness beautifully.
5. Vampire: Just because the Twilight saga is over doesn’t mean that vampires are out of style… yet. Go for a more classic vampire look by following this tutorial.
6. Burton’s Doll: Creepy dolls are definitely creepy, and the lashes on this one definitely push us over the edge.
7. Chucky: Did Chucky give you nightmares as a kid? This cute but deadly looking take on the most evil doll from the ’80s and ’90s is a good way to give your friends a scare.
8. One Bad Bride: Those eyes – so good and so scary at the same time. Love this sort of modern take on the bride of Frankenstein.
9. Frankie Stein: Speaking of old Frankenstein, you don’t have to drive a metal bar through your head to channel your inner monster this Halloween. Green makeup, a stitch or two, and you’re good to go.
10. Serious Skeleton: Going for a skeleton? Let this beautiful pictorial serve as inspiration, and be sure to by lots and lots of white and black face paint.
11. Modern Cruella de Ville: And last, inspiration straight from Vogue. This Cruella de Ville is fierce as the dickens.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.