Go ahead. Do a Pinterest search for Halloween makeup. Yikes, right? There are some incredibly talented makeup artists out there that we have to give spooky scary props to, but we’re not always looking for maximum creeps in the makeup department. What follows are a dozen makeup ideas that are ghost-ready, but without giving you the chills. Now, let’s make up! (Be sure to check out this year’s hottest Halloween looks for even more inspiration!)
1. Black Swan: Got a crazy dark ballerina in you? Make the darkness beautiful as seen in this gorgeously haunting makeup look.
2. Corpse Bride: This blushing bride is looking pretty darn blue ;)
3. Comic Book Makeup: We can’t get enough of the comic book makeup look – it’s such an instant win and you can just wear a regular tank and jeans.
4. Oh Deer: Like a deer in headlights, this look is a shocker.
5. Doll Lashes: Part of a photo shoot for Vogue Japan, we dig the doll-like outlines of the nails and eye makeup on this look.
6. Winter Queen: This looks like a gal straight out of Narnia, don’t you think? If you don’t have those electric blue eyes naturally, enhance them with dark smokey eyes all around.
7. Lion: Grrr! This fierce (we had to) look is easy to pull off, and still keeps you looking cuddly and adorable.
8. Queen of Hearts: Um, how awesome are those cards?! Need. To. Try. This. Now!
9. Bird of Paradise: Head to the tropics with this gorgeous floral look. Bonus points if you manage to make your hair look wet without looking greasy.
10. Dark Side of the Moon: Love Pink Floyd so much you want to be their album cover? A good pairing with this would definitely be David Bowie on the cover of Aladdin Sane.
11. Cleopatra: This classic look is a great excuse to wear tons and tons of dramatic makeup. Oh, and you can totally carry a snake.
12. Cracked Porcelain Doll: This cracked porcelain doll is definitely haunting, but also manages to look beautiful at the same time.
Which look is your favorite? What are you being this Halloween? Talk to us in the comments below.