It’s hard to go wrong with bacon, but sometimes you want your brunch to be a little more refined. When you’re serving elegant brunch cocktails (or fresh and fruity mocktails) and have set your table with the perfect decor, add some food with finesse to the mix too. A dry-cured Italian ham that can be served crudo (raw), prosciutto isn’t smokey or as fatty as bacon, which has to be cooked before eating. These 15 recipes will prove that when it comes to brunch, sometimes the elegance of prosciutto is what can set a meal apart.
1. Prosciutto Wrapped Grilled Peaches: Celebrate summer and brunch with this sweet and savory recipe. Peaches become smokey and almost candy-like on the grill, while salty prosciutto crisps up nicely, offering a textural contrast. (via The Endless Meal)
3. Pear, Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, and Honey Tarts: These handheld tarts are a great brunch item — they don’t require utensils, making for an easy clean-up. Puff pastry is loaded with prosciutto, pears, creamy goat cheese, and honey, then sprinkled with thyme and crushed red pepper to bring the flavors all together. (via The Flavor Bender)
4. Prosciutto, Egg, and Avocado Breakfast Board: DIY food setups make for a casual, interactive brunch experience. This board swaps bacon for crispy prosciutto, then pairs it with eggs and creamy avocado so guests can assemble their own breakfasts. (via Bazaar Lazarr)
5. Prosciutto and Pear Brie en Croute: Golden brown pastry surrounds this scrumptious mix. Brie becomes warm and melty inside its wrap, just begging to be served with fancy crackers when it comes out of the oven. (via The Baking Fairy)
6. Muffin Tin Omelets With Prosciutto, Feta, and Spinach: Make-ahead recipes are essential if you’re hosting a lot of people in the morning. These muffin tin omelets, filled with prosciutto, feta, and spinach, can be made the night before, so your morning goes off without a hitch. (via Yummy Addiction)
7. Prosciutto and Egg Breakfast Pizza: Pizza isn’t just for late nights! This brunch dish is topped with prosciutto, eggs, sweet cherry tomatoes, and sausage, for a cheesy meal that will please just about everyone. (via Every Nook and Cranny)
9. Deconstructed Asparagus Eggs Benedict: Swap English muffins for croutons in this salad recipe. It adds asparagus to the usual eggs Benedict mix, so you can get your greens in early in the day. (via Flirting With Flavor)
10. Charcuterie Pizza With Prosciutto and Artichokes: Turn your favorite antipasti platter into a brunch pizza with this recipe. It’s topped with prosciutto, artichokes, olives, and Parmesan cheese, and goes *perfectly* with a mimosa or two. (via Little Kitchen Big World)
11. Prosciutto Chimichurri Brunch Toast: This bright and zippy brunch will get you going in the morning. Prosciutto and a poached egg are slipped onto a slice of toast, then topped with a fragrant green chimichurri sauce. (via Berries and Spice)
12. Prosciutto Picnic Sandwiches: Brie, baguette, prosciutto, and peppery arugula are all birds of a feather in these sandwiches. But a sweet fig compote sets each of these savory ingredients off in a different way, delivering you a whirlwind of flavor with each bite. (via The Millennial Cook)
13. Sweet Potato, Veggie, and Prosciutto Skillet: Loaded with veggies, this hearty skillet walks the line between nutrition and decadence. When topped with poached eggs and a handful of cheese, it’s the perfect combination of food and fuel. (via 3 Scoops of Sugar)
14. Lima Bean and Prosciutto Avocado Toasts: If avocado toast alone isn’t quite enough to fill you up in the morning, you’ll love this recipe. It adds lima beans, peppery arugula, and salty prosciutto to the mix, along with a scattering of crushed red pepper flakes for some heat. (via The Almond Eater)
15. Hearty Egg, Cheese, and Prosciutto Tarts: Each of these tarts is sure to impress even the most discerning brunch guests. Homemade pastry is filled with two kinds of cheese, cherry tomatoes, sliced prosciutto, and dainty quail eggs, making a meal to remember for days to come. (via Serving Dumplings)
Get more of your brunch fix by following us on Pinterest.